Our Latest Vacancies
Technical Pricing Analyst
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Pricing Analyst (within Insurance) to provide technical support to this clients UK Underwriting Manager. The role will be based within the Croydon office, whilst also providing occasional project support to their head office in Munich.
Working Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, this role offers a competitive salary of £35,000 to £45,000 (depending on experience) per annum plus performance bonus up to £4,000.
Let us tell you more…
The UK Underwriting team mainly comprises of three divisions Warranty, Roadside Assistance and Travel. Each has a dedicated Underwriting Manager with technical support. This role will sit within the UK Warranty team and will report directly to the Warranty Underwriting Manager.
This position will require the successful applicant to provide Technical Support for the Warranty Manager who reports to the Chief Underwriting Officer for the UK and both roles will work closely with various Managers across the business as well as the Sales, Operations, and Finance Departments. The role will also work closely with the Product and Policy Wording Manager, a Product Analyst and the Commercial Reporting team. The Technical Pricing Analyst will support the Underwriting Manager in delivering the objectives of the Automotive line of business on behalf of the UK Underwriting department, including:
- Fulfilment of pricing as required by the business in accordance with the Company’s underwriting guidelines
- To maintain accurate records of all quotations provided including any proof of authorisation and any changes made to the final quotation from the original price proposal
- To monitor on a regular basis the ongoing performance of business and to provide reports to the Finance department and Sales Team as required
- To ensure accurate and timely new business and renewal quotations in conjunction with the appropriate Business Development Manager
- To provide presentations to the internal Risk Committee for all Automotive line of business
- To propose improvements in products to enhance profitability, policy wording and tax structures
- To have knowledge of the practical application of any regulatory and/or legislative issues applicable to the Automotive line of business
- To contribute on any development of new products or line of products
- To support the business development teams as and when required which may also include attending client meetings
Key requirements for this position include:
- Education: Strong Mathematical / Analytical / Science based Degree
- Computer literate particularly:
- Excel - Advanced including compound formulas, complex Functions & VBA
- Word - Intermediate including formal memos, letters & reports.
- PowerPoint – Intermediate including graphics, composition and presentation.
- Previous Technical Pricing experience building/maintaining pricing models and supporting data (preferably gained within an insurance or finance environment)
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with SAS or R would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to recognise and deliver excellent customer service.
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage tasks effectively to ensure compliance with quotation deadlines.
Aptitude & Personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, quick thinking, flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Responsible and confident approach to work duties
- Quality focussed
- Able to make quick/sound decisions
- Problem solving
- Strong eye for detail
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable. Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.