Our Latest Vacancies
Student Support Officer
An exciting opportunity for a Student Support Officer has arisen to work for this College Group in South Croydon on a permanent basis. This is an ideal position for an individual who is looking for a position that offers further administrative development and the opportunity to utilise gained skills.
Salary: circa £20,000 per annum
Hours and Benefits: Full time – Monday to Thursday 8:30 – 17:00 and Friday 8:30 – 16:30
This position of Student Support Officer will require you to work in a small team, providing an effective Student Bursary support for College staff and students and supporting with all administration activities for CLA Learners.
What will your working week be like?
This role encompasses the support to two areas of the college, meaning the position will certainly require a meticulous and pro-active individual to manage a busy workload. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- To allocate College bursaries in line with College or Funding Body guidelines to ensure compliance
- To work closely with the Admissions and Enrolment Manager and the Senior Student Bursary Advisor to ensure that the College bursaries are effectively administered, controlled, monitored and reported on
- To produce accurate and timely reports
- To maintain appropriate records in line with audit requirements
- To keep up to date on financial benefits and services available, bursary eligibility criteria and evidential requirements
- To provide regular reports on student bursaries to the Admissions and Enrolment Manager
- To increase awareness of financial support to students across the college through advertisement of the bursary and liaising with curriculum departments and provide learners with information on financial support available from Student Finance England for FE/HE loan provisions
- To respond to all internal and external enquiries
- To process enrolments and authorised data amendments
- To liaise with internal and external staff to prepare for and attend PEP meetings with council appointed representatives to meet the requirements for CLA learners; and to maintain a register of CLA learners and their PEP dates / social worker contacts.
- To make referrals (where necessary) to external organisations to meet the identified needs of learners and monitor progress against established objectives. Attending any necessary external review meetings or panels to support stated objectives.
- To support personal tutors to identify ‘at risk’ learners and to deliver appropriate support to all learners, conducting individual mentoring sessions, and / or home visits with those learners referred by teachers and deemed ‘most at risk’ in order to support and build positive relationships to remove barriers to learning.
- To liaise with students, parents and tutors in order to monitor student attendance, punctuality, deadlines and provide feedback as appropriate.
- To interview students and identify students that are eligible for financial support through learner funding. 20+Childcare and Care to Learn.
Who will suit this role?
The Successful applicant will have gained administrative support experience previously, ideally within a similar sector; however, this is not essential. You will, however, have the maturity to handle queries from students, parents and governing bodies, as well as the attention to detail and focus required to administer data and funding.
In addition to all the above, you will work with an exceptional College Group and team, whom work hard to ensure students achieve the best support and development, enhancing their future prospects and career opportunities.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords; administration, administrator, finance, funding, safe guarding, customer service, graduate
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.