Our Latest Vacancies
Customer Service Advisor - Renewals
£16,000 to £18,000 plus excellent benefits and bonus
Hours: 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Thursday, 17:00 finish on Friday. There will also be the requirement of one late shift 11:30am – 8pm and one Saturday per month 9am-1pm.
Benefits: 26 days holiday per year, further flex benefits after joining which may include:. Pension, health screening, private medical cover, purchase/sale of holiday days (up to a max of 30) various discounts, free sight testing.
About the Company
Do you want to work for a well-established, professionally growing company who offer all staff the opportunity to grow professionally within the field of insurance? Our client is a success story within the Insurance industry and can provide you with a stable and exciting place to work. Due to recent changes within the business, this is an exciting time to join them.
Please also be aware, whilst this role will initially be based in the Oxted office, the position will move to plush new offices in West Croydon, joining the rest of the business.
What will your working week be like?
The purpose of this role will be to provide broking and administrative services to clients, confining advice and information to those areas in which you are knowledgeable and competent, otherwise seeking advice as appropriate.
- Giving instructions to insurance providers
- Checking policy documentation (including endorsements) for accuracy prior to receipt by clients.
- To process correspondence, renewals, pre-renewal activity, and mid term adjustments through computer input in accordance with procedures.
- To ensure all renewals are invited a minimum of 14 to 21 days ahead.
- Diarising renewals for chase up telephone calls 7 days post renewal.
- All outstanding renewals over 14 days are actioned swiftly in accordance with insurer instructions, i.e. lapsed and documents/certificates returned or payment received.
- Issuing Cover Notes for New Business and Mid-Term Adjustments as necessary, strictly in accordance with Procedures.
Who will suit this role?
The successful candidate must have confident and effective telephone skills as well as good interpersonal and communication skills as you will be dealing with both external customers and internal calls/queries. You will have sales, negotiation and a persuasive telephone manner with a natural ability to convert business. Although experience is not essential for this entry level position, you will ideally hold evidence of working within a customer service environment.
Current or previous experience of working within insurance would be beneficial – ideal motor trade insurance.
You must have:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Natural sales ability
- Confident computer usage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel at intermediate level is required
- You must be enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated with a willingness to learn
- Strong customer service skills
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A – C grade 9-4 (including Maths and English) or equivalent are essential
Skills: Customer service, calls, queries, inbound, outbound, assistance, insurance, adjustments, quotations, administration
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: customer, service, calls, queries, inbound, outbound, assistance, insurance, adjustments
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.