Our Latest Vacancies
Head of Insurance Operations
Do you hold extensive Senior Management experience within Insurance Operations?
Are you passionate about ensuring your team’s performance targets and KPI’s are met?
Offering a basic salary of £50,000 plus a generous £7,000 (per annum) bonus, company car and fantastic benefits for all employees including; Private medical cover, Life assurance, Pension, Child care vouchers, discounted travel insurance and Eye Care vouchers.
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00. These hours will vary in line with business needs and flexibility is required.
What will your working week be like?
Our client is one of the World’s largest insurance companies employing 17,500 employees across 76 countries, with immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses in the area, travelling to work couldn’t be easier on a daily basis. They are currently looking for a Head of Insurance Operations (sales, claims & recoveries and customer service departments for Home, Travel and Automotive Lines of Business), to ensure that all performance targets and KPI’s are consistently met and that the quality and efficiency of service delivery is managed and developed to meet and exceed the needs of the business. You will manage and control all relevant processes and associated activity, ensuring the achievement of business objectives.
You will be accountable for 3 direct reports, with a team of 70. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to…
- To lead, coach and support the Department Managers to ensure that the required operational results and targets are achieved.
- To set and review objectives and targets for Department Managers.
- Ensure that targets and objectives are set for every member of each team and these reflect the objectives of the Company.
- To work with the Department Heads, Clients and Account Managers to strategically develop the teams to meet future business requirements.
- Ensure that robust training and development practices are in place and utilised in line with Company policy, business needs and department objectives.
- Regular TNA’s to be undertaken for all staff and direct reports.
- Coaching and feedback practices to be in place.
- Personal development plans to be in place.
- To actively contribute to and participate in meetings held by the Client.
- To proactively develop relationships within all Client business areas.
- To develop and nurture close working relationships with all relevant Client personnel.
- To conduct meetings with relevant personnel in line with operational standards.
- To prepare the annual departmental budgets. Ensure that all expenditure is within budget and managed in line with Company Policy.
- To prepare sales forecasts where appropriate
- To prepare activity forecasts where relevant
- To ensure that sales targets are met and to highlight any adverse trends as soon as they become apparent.
Who will this role suit?
The qualifying candidate will hold a minimum of 4 years’ experience at senior level within the Insurance sector – contact centre/ customer service environment. You will hold proven people management and development skills, experience of managing multiple teams and excellent performance management involvement. Demonstrable proven experience of management/process improvement which has led to positive financial benefit to the business would be beneficial.
In addition, you will ideally hold:
- Specific LOB Industry experience
- Financial Services background
- Experience of regulatory and FCA requirements
- Detailed understanding of ICOB rules
- Report writing experience
- Contact management system experience
- Personal Lines Insurance experience
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.