Our Latest Vacancies
Commercial Property Administrator
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Property Administrator to join a well-established and dynamic organisation. This position will be based in their lovely offices in Brighton within their Commercial & Residential Property Management Teams.
Our client is looking for a reliable and highly organised individual to provide daily administrative support to ensure the efficient day-to-day management of all properties under instructions.
Main duties will include:
- Communication with clients, tenants, contractors and site staff on behalf of Property Managers
- Monitor Property Managers’ workload in their absence on annual leave or out of the office
- “Helpdesk” function - Receive calls or e-mails about building issues from tenants. Resolve by instruction of contractor, in liaison with Property Manager
- Works / Purchase Orders - On instruction, issue these to contractors and monitor, so that contractors complete the necessary works at the properties
- Property Management Database - Complete or update prescribed forms for review and approval by Property Manager for data to be inputted into Qube. To maintain compliance with Quality Assurance procedures
- Complete coding of invoices and where appropriate approve for payment (subject to authority levels) from correct funding source, using correct codes/headings. Ensuring invoices are paid from the correct source
- Assisting with Health & Safety management. Uploading documentation onto RPI software and checking Property Managers’ outstanding tasks. All H&S administration and records to be managed efficiently
- Site inspection records - Prepare and maintain records of and diaries for inspection of managed properties and ensure Qube inspection diary is up to date. To report issues found and comply with management agreements and Quality Assurance procedures
- Fee Accounts - Producing these on behalf of the Property Managers, so that fees are collected from clients in a timely manner
- Assisting the Property Managers in the recharging of insurance premiums and utilities, so that expended funds can be collected from tenants correctly and in a timely manner
- Assisting Property Managers with the credit control and collection of arrears including running of arrears lists and downloading data from Qube, so that debt does not get out of control and so that all rent is collected as soon as possible
- Ensuring that an organised electronic filing system is kept, and important documents saved correctly, so that documents can be recovered quickly, record kept, and an appropriate paper trail maintained
- To attend to all other general administration matters for the department including e.g. ordering of stationary, booking of conferences, etc.
- To be the person responsible for the organisation of the maintenance of the Brighton office including organising contractors to attend to issues such as faulty taps, blown lamps, blocked toilets etc. To also include liaising with the Landlord’s managing agent in any property management issues
Who will suit this role?
The ideal candidate will already have the following skills and attributes;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- Experience within the property sector
- Confident telephone manner and ability to organise diaries
- Excellent knowledge of Word & Excel to assist Property Managers to prepare spreadsheets and cash flow forecasts and budgets as well as the ability to learn how to use new systems such as Qube and Sage
- Organised approached and the ability to prioritise workloads
- Motivated and committed to doing a good job
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Helpful and reliable personality
- To have a good working relationship with colleagues and be able to ask for help when needed and offer assistance to others
- Knowledge and experience of using CRM software – Alcium
- Full driving licence
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.