Our Latest Vacancies
An exciting opportunity for a Sports Graduate, who has already gained experience within a coaching /teaching environment has arisen to work for this College Group in South Croydon on a term-time only basis. This is an ideal opening for an individual who is passionate about coaching, sports of all kinds and student wellbeing.
Salary: £19,524 per annum (please note this salary has already been pro-rated accordingly and is inclusive of annual leave entitlement)
Hours and Benefits: Full time - 37 hours per week across 40 weeks each academic year (Please note if joining mid academic year, this will affect the salary)
This position of Wellbeing and Enrichment Officer is to promote and work in partnership with Student Services, Line Manager and Key Tutors to develop and implement the enrichment and sports programme to enhance the learner experience at the College. In addition to this, the successful applicant will provide support with the college’s Group Enrichment team; creating and delivering additional events, cultural days and educational themes across the College to ensure student engagement; working with other organisations agreeing to focus on increasing participation in enrichment activities.
What will your working week be like?
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To prescribe appropriate exercise programmes according to gym users’ needs.
- To undertake in house and other training in order to maintain an up to date working knowledge of designated Fitness Centre systems and procedures and contribute to improvements in service levels.
- To administer First Aid as appropriate and to provide necessary associated reports.
- To facilitate learner engagement in the cross-college enrichment and sports programmes.
- To promote and market student activities, enrichment and sports programmes.
- To promote information to young people aged 16-19 about opportunities to act as leaders, coaches and officials in sport.
- To provide a range of sporting activities that engages all learners.
- To build relationship with external agencies and schools which encourage learner engagement.
- To contribute to peer mentoring and leadership initiatives.
- To contribute to involvement, induction, open events.
- To increase and improve the range of intra and inter college sporting competition.
- To facilitate and deliver sessions in the fitness suite and sports hall to increase learner participation in structural activities.
- To work with key local sporting partners to signpost more young people into participation in sport in the community.
- To promote the benefits and success of the colleges work in this area and ensure it has a high profile both internally and externally.
Who will suit this role?
The Successful applicant will hold experience of sports coaching and/or sport development with young people aged from 14 years. You will be Level 3 qualified in a Sports related subject or equivalent. You will also, ideally hold, a level 2 National governing body coaching award or recognised fitness qualification.
Due to the additional Enrichment duties within the position, ideally the candidate will have a natural creative flair and the ability to think outside the box and create and publish engaging materiel for the students.
In addition to all the above, you will work with an exceptional College Group and team, whom work hard to ensure students achieve the best support and development, enhancing their future prospects and career opportunities.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords; education sector, Hr, admin, DBS, references, payroll, support, CIPD, office manager, HR Officer, data reporting
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.