Our Latest Vacancies
Finance & Logistics Assistant
Our client is a successful and well-established company, trading in over 65 countries offering a range of products.
They are looking to hire a Finance & Logistics Assistant, ideally with a background in logistics and shipping, or a willingness to learn and develop in this sector.
The successful candidate will be well organised with a desire to get things right first time with the attention to detail necessary to do so. The company handles shipments from every corner of the globe and each trade lane is different, which requires flexibility of mind to deal with the variety of issues that need to be addressed and solved daily. Experience of shipping logistics is desirable but not essential. The right person will, in a short time be able to show the initiative and intelligence to make a positive difference to the efficient running of the department.
Location: South Croydon
Benefits: 20 days holiday, (increase by 1 day a year after 3 years to max 25 days), statutory pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus, local parking, life insurance
Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:30
What will your working week be like?
- Management of freight shipping lines, including arranging rates, tracking bookings, approving invoices and raising disputes
- Monitoring contracts & shipment arrivals to ensure shipping & banking documentation arrives on time
- Checking specifications, preparing shipment confirmations & raising invoices
- Liaising with shipping lines to ensure correct Bills of Lading and other shipping documentation
- Entering and allocating receipts from the banks into the accounting system
- Checking and entering supplier invoices into the accounting system
- Arranging payments to suppliers in multiple currencies
- Arranging foreign exchange deals
- Ensuring customer and supplier enquiries are handled promptly & accurately.
- Processing and monitoring Bills of Exchange
- Liaising with the banks regarding Letters of Credit, monitoring charges and amendments
- Approving banks documentary collection schedules
- Close liaison with the selling team to ensure accurate contract documentation
- Filing and other ad hoc duties
- Assisting Traders with requests/ enquiries as and when they occur
Who will suit this role?
It is envisaged that you will have experience in dealing with financial transactions in an environment where accuracy & attention to detail is paramount. Knowledge of shipping / import & export documentation & International Banking would be a distinct advantage.
- Possessing good IT & numerical skills and a financial background
- Working in a multi-faceted role across various time zone and currencies essential
- Good communication and organisation skills are essential
- Proficient on all Microsoft packages – advanced Excel
- Accurate with attention to detail
- Team player
- Flexible, time management
Skills: banking, finance, currency, bills of exchange, numeric, import, export, logistics posting receipts, shipment, payments, administration, freight, invoices, sales, purchase.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.