Our Latest Vacancies
Are you an experienced Project Manager within the energy/utilities sector?
Based at our clients Worcester office, you will manage and grow a project portfolio and deliver expert advice on utility metering and siteworks services to their clients, along with new and potential clients to include suppliers, brokers, and other stakeholders.
Professional, agile and accountable, our client is a business that believes in a genuine partnership approach in everything they do. Their aim is to be the most respected Energy Procurement & Management company in the UK.
Role: Technical Project Manager
Location: Worcester, WR8
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hour week, 8am to 6pm, hybrid option (min 3 days in the office)
Benefits: To include BUPA Key cover (after probation period), Company salary sacrifice pension (5% employer and 5% employee), 28 Days holiday including bank holidays with the additional Birthday & Christmas off work, Salary sacrifice car scheme & Cycle to work scheme, Employee benefits scheme (store discounts, days out, holidays & Wellness programme, Employee assistance programme (On demand GP and confidential support line), Hybrid/Work from home (where appropriate), Growth opportunities, Company events.
Interested? Here’s more …
- You will demonstrate a depth and breadth of technical knowledge around utility metering and siteworks services to clients, whether it be large scale utility Installation at a large shopping centre to the conversion of a warehouse into smaller individually metered units.
- This is a key role helping to grow and develop the business, and you will audit current systems and processes against best in class and drive improvements. This is a 'hands-on' role, and you will liaise directly with clients, offering expert views and guidance to help them understand all options and make informed decisions.
- You will manage another project manager, but this team will grow as the business grows and develops.
- The role is primarily office based but with a need to attend client sites when needed for site assessment or project meetings.
- Contract & relationship management of Clients and Suppliers where applicable.
- Agent contract & relationship management (Meter Operators, Data Collector/Aggregators, Distribution Network Operators).
- Industry liaison with agents, suppliers and clients/TPIs to deliver projects on time and in scope.
- Data flow handling – to include flow handling, exception management and reporting.
- Data/billing query and complex query management to resolution.
- System updates to log activity on projects specified to enable reporting.
- Accurately generate invoices using SAGE as required in line with contract terms.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar or significant demonstrable experience.
- Experience of utility industry, specifically the UK commercial electricity market.
- Knowledge of Connections and metering process within the business electricity supply market.
- Skilled in management of registration and ‘Data flow’ processes within UK commercial electricity market.
- Settlement and billing processes of electricity & gas supply markets.
- Any other utility skills and experience to include commercial water, telecoms as well as domestic utilities.
- Experience of utility network infrastructure & metering.
- Sound IT knowledge of Excel, Word, SAGE, CRM systems and industry databases
- Commercially astute, identifying opportunities and growth areas for the business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally Former Gas Safe and/or NIC, ECA or equivalent qualified
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.