Our Latest Vacancies
Are you looking for a career within the Education sector?
If so, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join the team at this expanding college group, supporting students on their chosen course, in their learning of practical skills both in the classroom and in external activities.
As an Instructor/Demonstrator within the Professional and Service Industries Department, you will assist the course leader in the supervision of students, student assessments, and ensure that student records are appropriately maintained. You will also be required to support Lecturers in organising and planning activities in the College and offsite whilst instructing practical and coaching skills to standard set by external bodies.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5pm
Benefits: Two excellent pension schemes, life assurance, free onsite parking and access to their fully equipped gym along with discounted in house Spa and Salon treatments.
The successful candidate must have:
• A positive, self-motivated attitude and the ability to work well within a team
• Maths & English GCSE / Level 2 equivalent
• Experience working with young people
• A Teaching Qualification is desirable (but not essential)
• Hold a level three or above Outdoor Leader Qualification is desirable
If this sounds like you and you will enjoy working in a forward thinking, friendly, fast paced, changing environment with state-of-the-art facilities, we would love to hear from you.
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- To support lecturing staff on competence-based skills to standards set by external bodies, currently industry-led bodies and awarding bodies.
- To instruct practical and coaching skills to standards set by external bodies (NGB’s):
- Lead in all outdoor activities
- In the sports hall, health and fitness studio, outdoors or in associate workrooms
- To establish, monitor and assess work experience/placement activities in realistic work environments.
- To train, demonstrate to and support students on practical elements of programmes.
- To assist individual students in the development of their individual learning plan.
- To transport students to/from sporting/training/competing venues.
- The upkeep of learning resources/equipment used within the learning programme; reporting faults and repair to the appropriate technician/manager.
- To support the student application and enrolment process in liaison with teaching staff and administrative staff.
- To contribute to promotional materials and activities within the learning programmes and publicity and public relations events, e.g. open days.
Do you hold the following attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to relate effectively with students, staff, management and clients at every level
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a varied workload, to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team, but also to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisation skills and to have a proactive approach
- Good IT skills (in particular Microsoft Packages) and a willingness to learn new skills
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.