Our Latest Vacancies
School Liaison Manager
Do you have experience within teaching and/or the education sector?
Do you have a natural flair for presenting and communicating to large groups?
If so, then our client is seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic School Liaison Manager to work as the College’s liaison with their growing number of partner schools. The post holder will be responsible for driving engagement with schools, to increase progression to the College and promote the College as an excellent vocational destination route including further and higher education.
The role will involve travelling to local schools and presenting to young people, therefore confidence and the ability to engage and motivate your audience is essential. A background in an educational environment is essential.
Salary: £36,500 to £40,000 (DOE)
Location: Redhill base, with travel within Surrey/Sussex/Kent
Hours/Benefits: 08:45 to 17:00, free parking, generous annual leave, gym membership, pension, excellent training and much more
The successful candidate must have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) qualification (or willing to obtain)
- Excellent communication skills, working on a 1:1 support basis or with larger groups
- The ability to present in front of large audiences at school and college events`
- A full, clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle that can be used for work purposes
- The ability to work flexibly as there will be some early morning and evening working required
- Enhanced DBS clearance will need to obtained for the successful candidate
What will your working week be like?
- To increase communication links with schools, expanding contacts and raising awareness of what the whole College has to offer
- To act as key contact for all local schools responding to general requests and alerting College managers to areas of opportunity or risk
- To support the curriculum Heads of Department (HoDs) in the development of the 14-16 curriculum plan, ensuring we deliver an efficient and comprehensive offer that supports progression
- To work closely with HoDs ensuring there is quality assurance across all 14-16 programmes and reporting to schools
- To support the Marketing team to ensure effective communication of key messages to schools, and to ensure forward planning of events supporting school link activity
- Provide tailored tours of the College for school groups or on occasion on a one-to-one basis to promote curriculum and support services
- To liaise with schools, colleges and staff, and arrange delivery of events such as Taster and assessment days, Pupil Premium, Open Events, induction programmes and awards ceremonies (including those for special schools)
- To liaise with key school contacts to create a schedule of assembly presentations; and deliver presentations across all age groups as and when required by schools
- To attend school Open, Careers and Year events to represent the College, promoting a positive image of the College at all times and to deliver presentations to large year groups, specialist talks to smaller groups or on a 1:1 basis
- Liaise with the Client Services Manager to ensure the School Link application process follows the Client Services application flow
- To liaise with all curriculum staff delivering School Link programmes ensuring that absence reporting is in line with College processes and that schools are notified in a timely fashion
- To co-ordinate and attend IAG termly meetings through the 14-19 school careers adviser networks
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.