Our Latest Vacancies
Insurance Broker - New Business
Insurance Broker (New Business)
This is a superb opportunity to join one of our clients, who are a leading Chartered Insurance Broker for the church, charity, not-for-profit and care sector. Their clients are primarily charities, not-for-profit groups, churches, community groups and other voluntary organisations with ‘social goals’.
This role is to provide support to all new clients and ensure conversion of new business, to achieve company income targets in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements. To be pro-active in ensuring that a high quality service is provided to all clients at all times and to remain customer focused and embrace company ethics.
Salary: Negotiable (Depending on experience)
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Location: South Croydon
- Respond to new business enquiries received by telephone, letter, e-mail or on-line.
- Complete the key task of fact finding to identify clients’ requirements and to provide a quotation to fulfil their needs.
- Maintain an accurate record of the assessment of the clients’ awareness of risk and insurance as well as their circumstances and objectives.
- Using the information gathered, determine which insurers will provide the most competitive rates and the best coverage for the covers required.
- Obtain quotations, using quotation systems, rating guides or by referring to insurers. Communicate quotations, advising the most appropriate in terms of price and cover to meet the proposer’s needs. Discuss any additional covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied.
- If the quote is accepted, issue written confirmation, providing full details of cover, enclosing forms for completion and other documentation required, where appropriate.
- Ensure that the electronic files and system records are created for new business cases and that the required documentation is issued to clients and insurers, where appropriate.
- Issue invoices and policy documents and update client records, where appropriate.
- Respond to enquiries from clients and insurers received by telephone, letter, e-mail or fax and ensure that all information required by clients or insurers is obtained and communicated.
- Respond to requests from existing clients in respect of mid-term adjustments, renewal adjustments, claims and any other servicing requirements, where appropriate.
- Scrutinise new business documents received from insurers and pass to existing business department for processing, where appropriate.
- Assist with queries and referrals from the existing business department, where appropriate.
- Attend monthly broker meeting to be updated on company matters, insurer products and deal with any matters or queries raised.
Skills & Experience
- A Sales background would be essential for this role, with Insurance industry background being desirable.
- A strong customer service focus.
- A confident telephone manner.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to listen and engage with people.
- Good numeracy and analytical skills.
- Robust administration skills and the ability to work accurately and consistently.
- Willingness to challenge assumptions and the ability to think “outside the box”.
- An ability to work as part of a team and the ability to use your own initiative and manage your own workload.
- Motivated to study for Industry exams.
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.