Our Latest Vacancies
Energy Meter Engineer
Our client is a fast-growing, technology-based business who are a market leader in the provision of energy data and services. They have been established for over 40 years and as a business, they currently have over 3.5k customers and employ over 300 people. Due to continued growth our client is looking to recruit an Energy Meter Engineer / Craftsperson to cover the SY/LL postcode areas.
This role is an integral part of the Smart Metering team. The main purpose is to carry out metering tasks including those of a complex technical nature to time, cost and quality targets to satisfy business and customer service requirements and provide technical support to the team.
Salary: £40,000 plus £5k bonus
Location: Shrewsbury and Llandudno post code areas.
Benefits Include: Pension scheme, professional qualifications sponsorship, increasing holiday with length of service (start at 20 days rising to 25 days), Holiday EXTRA - purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year, Employee Assistance programmes – health/legal/counselling, award bonus, Season Ticket Loans, Company social activities inc. Summer BBQ, Festive lunch and much more!
Daily duties will include:
- Install, maintain, remove and replace WC/LVCT metering equipment.
- Commission all types of metering equipment.
- Test and verify all LVCT metering equipment.
- Operate the LV system for associated metering activities in accordance with procedures.
- Undertake complex tests and inspections on installations.
- Undertake remote testing of metering equipment.
- Investigate dangerous occurrences and resolve customer problems.
- Carry out work on installations.
- Provide technical explanation to the team and customers.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
The successful candidate will be authorised to install single and three phase metering installations and ideally have CT metering experience. You will provide excellent customer service, work to time, cost and quality targets and have good IT skills, as well as a clean driving license. You will also have the following:
- Trained, authorised and experienced in single and three phase meter installation.
- Hold EUSR authorisation preferred.
- Experienced in LVCT metering installation as a minimum.
- Experience in Half Hourly, AMR and SMETS metering would be advantage.
- Prepared to travel and work away from home on occasions
- IEE wiring regulations knowledge
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.