Our Latest Vacancies
Claims Handler - Hybrid
Our client is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Based at their Head Office in Croydon and with hybrid working on offer, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Warranty Claims Advisor to take the next step in their career.
Working on behalf of a number of automotive manufacturers, you will be responsible for the handling of Warranty and Serviceplan claims via the online claim’s portal. You’ll be in direct communication with the client’s retailer network, supporting the warranty claims process from start to finish. You will have the overall responsibility to approve or decline a claim, based on information received, your technical expertise and the terms of the warranty policy. You will be responding to inbound and outbound calls from retailers, customers and internal teams to provide technical expertise and support.
Job Title: Warranty Claims Technician
Salary: £31,600 + excellent benefits + £1500 performance bonus
Location: Croydon, with option of hybrid working min 2 days in the office
Skills: The ideal candidate will hold a City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Technician qualification, or equivalent and have previous experience working within Warranty claims/warranty admin/Motor claims
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00-17:30
What will your working week be like?
- To ensure that the warranty claim is valid and that all criteria is met in line with the Approved Warranty programme Terms and Conditions
- You will proactively manage each claim and ensure customers are dealt with in a timely and cost effective way
- Monitor the claim to ensure services are delivered at the agreed time and that your customer is kept fully updated
- Handle all incoming calls in a polite, efficient and proactive manner
- Ensure retailers are adhering to agreed claims procedures and self-authority claim limits
- Identify and initiate potential recoveries from 3rd parties
- Ensure that all product and technical knowledge is applied and you maintain your knowledge relating to the automotive brands you represent
- Handle all regulated complaints within the FCA complaint guidelines
Who will this role suit?
The ideal candidate would hold a City and Guilds Motor Technician qualifications, or equivalent. You will also have experience of working within a corporate office environment.
- You will have a thorough understanding of motor vehicle technology
- Technical qualifications equivalent to City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Technician
- Thorough knowledge of motor vehicle warranty and sound technical knowledge
- Computer literate with practical working knowledge of MS packages
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written (emails/correspondence)
- Confident interpersonal skills with the ability to communicated with retailers, clients and customers
- Previous experience of working within a warranty department would be an advantage
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English and Maths
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.