Our Latest Vacancies
Finance Controller - Remote
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller to lead and develop the finance department, managing day-to-day financial operations including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
This role is being offered on a fully remote basis; however, you would need to be able to meet in Central London twice a month (travel expenses covered).
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Hours: 35 hours per week – flexible hours
Benefits: Holidays – 28 days plus bank holidays, Pension scheme, regular social activities, company laptop, opportunity for development and progression within a growing company.
Our client is a rapidly growing, plant-based, frozen food business on a mission to make
eating well effortless. Everything they make is simple, healthy, and naturally delicious. All sustainably packaged with zero waste. This role brings the finance function back inhouse replacing an external agency and presents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to shape the department and grow with role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting function for a growing FMCG business
- Prepare monthly financial reports and analysis
- Provide insightful commentary on company performance and suggest areas of improvement
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Conduct monthly reviews of budgets and reforecasts with budget holders
- Oversee the monthly payroll process
- Prepare VAT returns
- Liaise with company accountants to prepare annual accounts, tax returns, and R&D
- Manage FX risk
- Develop existing accounting and management systems and internal controls
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline financial reporting processes,
implement best practices and identify efficiencies
Do you have the required skills & experience?
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent overseas qualifications) with a minimum of two years’ experience
- Experience of working in an SME environment would be desirable
- Excellent Xero and Excel skills (to include pivot tables, lookups, if statements)
- Passion for continuous improvement and internal and external customer
- Strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and commit to deadlines
- Problem-solving skills with a strong ability to identify and resolve
- A natural desire to collaborate with others to identify the best outcomes
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-financial members of staff
- Calm and clear-minded under pressure
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.