Our Latest Vacancies
Sales Ledger Specialist - Hybrid
Our client is a fast-growing, technology-based business who are a market leader in the provision of energy data and services. They have been established for over 40 years and as a business, they currently have over 3.5k customers and employ over 300 people.
They are looking for a Sales Ledger Specialist to join their growing team at their offices based in Horley.
Salary: up to £36,000 to £38,000
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Location: Horley Office/Hybrid, hybrid working available after training (2/3 days in office / 2/3 days home working)
Benefits Include: Pension scheme, professional qualifications sponsorship, increasing holiday with length of service (start at 20 days rising to 25 days), Holiday EXTRA - purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year, Employee Assistance programmes – health/legal/counselling, award bonus, Season Ticket Loans, Company social activities inc. Summer BBQ, Festive lunch and much more!
What will your working week be like?
- Accountable for the quality standards, volume and timeliness of the Sales Ledger team’s output through effective supervision and delegation.
- Define and enhance team processes and workload management, automating tasks where possible to increase efficiency and reduce manual processing.
- Prioritise and manage a large volume of billing and adjustments to meet strict month-end close deadlines. Maintain the sales ledger, ensuring accurate record-keeping and timely billing.
- Ensure all recurring and project-based income is billed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Prepare the deferred income schedule.
- Prepare and reconcile a monthly TPI Commission report.
- Undertake thorough customer reconciliations to identify and immediately rectify any discrepancies.
- Raise credit notes where required and analyse reasons for the credit note and make recommendations for process improvements where necessary.
- Support team members' professional development and address performance or other issues promptly.
- Strive to assist the department in meeting Key Performance Indicators in relation to the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of sales invoicing
- Help to improve efficiency in relation to the overall sales ledger process.
- Proactively seek to improve controls over revenue assurance.
- Proactively seeks ways to improve Finance processes and systems.
- Undertake cross training in relation to credit control and purchase ledger and be willing to undertake these tasks on an ad hoc basis.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have demonstrable relevant sales ledger experience.
- May be studying towards AAT, ACCA or CIMA qualifications.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
Do you have the required skills and experience?
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Precise and appropriate written communication skills.
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.