Our Latest Vacancies
Office Manager - Temp to Perm/Time Term only
Do you have management experience within the education sector?
Are you available to start work immediately on a temp to perm basis?
If so, please read on to find out more about this term time only opportunity ……
An exciting opportunity for an Office Manager has arisen for a dedicated individual to develop their experience within this educational setting which opened in 2012 with the vision to create excellence in the community. Our client is proud to be part of a leading educational charity and are one of the country’s top performing academy operators.
As an Office Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the administrative functions of the academy run efficiently and effectively. You will oversee the administrative staff, data and digital team, front office, and exam processes. You will be responsible for all communication from the school and ensuring clear and effective communication with parents.
Salary: £32,844 to £35,116 (Actual salary after pro-rata)
Start date: Immediate on a temp to perm basis
Working hours: Term Time Only (39 weeks), 8am – 5pm, plus 6 weeks during school holidays (negotiable)
Location: London, SW11
What will your working week involve?
- Ensure that a full range of excellent administrative support service is delivered across the school.
- Lead on the school’s operational requirements, including contract procurement, systems set-up, staff training and implementation of policies & procedures.
- Line manage a team of reception and administrative staff to ensure an effective and efficient support service.
- Carry out performance reviews in line with the academy’s policy, setting challenging and appropriate targets.
- Support the admissions manager with the annual pupil intake and in year pupil admissions, supporting all associated administration and records.
- Support the administration in line with key academy events, such as parents or open evenings.
- Ensure all telephone and personal enquiries are dealt with efficiently and effectively in a way which promotes a positive image of the academy.
- Manage internal and external communication to ensure accuracy and delivery of relevant information for staff, pupils, and parents, under the supervision of the principal.
- To manage all areas of data input, output, and integrity within Bromcom (the management information system). This will include, attendance, reporting, census returns, admissions/leavers, exclusions, timetabling implementation, student details, importing examination data, maintaining assessment systems, and recording pupils’ needs.
Do you have the required skills & experience?
The ideal candidate will have ideally worked in a similar role within primary or secondary education, along with knowledge of Bromcom or SIMS software.
- Experience of running and managing an effective administrative, clerical and data departments.
- The ability to lead, coach and motivate staff within a performance management framework, providing professional development and effectively challenging and managing any underperformance.
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of school’s data systems (Bromcom/CCR/School cloud etc)
- Degree level education is desirable
Due to the nature of this role an enhanced DBS check will be carried out.
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.