Our Latest Vacancies
Commercial Account Executive
We have a fantastic opportunity for a conscientious and positive Commercial Account Executive to work for an independent, family run, and market leading Commercial Insurance Brokerage based in Redhill or Kent.
You will be given the autonomy to develop and grow not just your client base but also your own skill set and knowledge bank. Ideally you will have a solid working knowledge of general commercial insurances, but hopefully a bias towards contractors and construction. You will be joining an existing team of friendly professionals that really do get on and care about the company they work for. The commercial team have some ambitious growth plans over the coming years so not only is this a great time to join but there will be plenty of opportunity for development for the right individuals.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + uncapped commission @ 15%
Hours: 08:30 – 17:00, Monday to Friday
Benefits: 26 days plus bank holidays, Industry qualification funding and training support, Pension/Life Assurance/Hybrid working negotiable
Interested? Here’s more …
The role is suited to a strong team player who is a confident and capable communicator at all levels. You will be dealing with your own book of commercial clients from administration and mid-term adjustments to renewals. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide quotations and sell policies to clients.
- Achieving the monthly sales targets.
- Assisting the team in completing objectives including monthly sales targets
- Day to day account handling and administration (New Business Only).
- Strong ability to deal with Target driven New Business Sales.
- Able to demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Deliver consistent customer service in line with ‘best practice’ and ensure compliance to relevant policies.
- Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and computer files.
- Maintain professionalism and a good level of personal presentation.
Skills & Attributes required:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a commercial insurance broker.
- Ability to recognise sales opportunities, create and develop a healthy mix of pipeline through a strategic and targeted approach.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent customer service and empathy skills.
- Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments and external insurers.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven desire to update product knowledge and skill set.
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act.
- Professional approach to all aspects of business both internally and externally.
Skills: Customer Service, Sales, Insurance, Motor, Upselling, New business, insurance, financial services, broker, brokerage, customer accounts, account handler
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.