Our Latest Vacancies
HR & Recruitment Officer
We are currently looking to recruit a Term Time, HR & Recruitment Officer, to work within a reputable organisation who are part of a multi-academy trust within the education sector at their Reigate site. They are looking for an experienced HR & Recruitment Officer to work collaboratively with School Leadership Teams and line managers to support and guide them through all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
Salary: FTE £29,291 to £31,810, Pro Rata salary is £23,658 to £25,692
Hours: 30 - 36 hours per week 42 weeks per annum
Your working week will include the following:
- Embed HR best practice across the Trust in accordance with HR policies and procedures and through effective people partnering and upskilling.
- Proactively support the management of employee relations including discipline, grievance, capability, performance and absence management. Liaising with the Director of Human Resources, senior leaders and employee representatives as appropriate, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and Trust policies.
- Develop relevant reports to monitor absence, professional growth reviews and continuing professional development, monitoring employee absence/sickness and highlight concerns to Headteachers and the Director of Human Resources.
- Provide support with data collection for statutory reporting, including Facilities Time, Public Equalities and Gender Pay.
- Manage recruitment and on-boarding for all schools, working in accordance with the Trusts Recruitment and Selection Policy and KCSIE Safer Recruitment practices.
- Support internal expressions of interest campaigns.
- Complete pre appointment checks, including pre placement health checks, online checks and DBS referrals.
- Develop job descriptions and person specifications as required.
- Complete all processing for new starter and leavers and on-board staff to the Trust’s HR and Payroll MIS.
- Carry out risk assessments as required.
- Support and track new starter probation meetings, liaising with line managers as required.
- Support the School Business Manager with payroll and pension administration as required.
- Participate in all aspects of staff development and actively seek to broaden knowledge and skills relevant to responsibilities.
- Work with colleagues to promote and maintain high standards of administrative and technical support. To become familiar with, and practise school policies, in particular those relating to Health and Safety, Child Protection and KCSIE.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of personal data at all times ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
Who will suit this role?
- CIPD Level 3 (or other equivalent HR qualification) and/or significant experience at high level.
- Experience of providing HR advice, guidance and support to managers and leaders at all levels.
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective levels of emotional intelligence and diplomacy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Working knowledge of all MS Office programs particularly Teams, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of managing all aspects of employee relations casework to a satisfactory and timely conclusion.
- Self-starter, with and ability to work independently and use own initiative to find solutions.
- Good working knowledge of KCSIE and experience of overseeing Safer Recruitment processes and legislation.
- Knowledge of national terms and conditions such as the Burgundy Book and STPCD.
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.