Our Latest Vacancies
Payroll Officer - Part-time
Are you an experienced Payroll Officer looking for a part-time opportunity?
Are you process driven with knowledge of Sage Payroll?
This is a rare opportunity to work for a professional, family run company located near to main transport links in Kenley. Our client offers 24-hour support to children and young people in their residential homes, semi-independent and outreach units based across South East London.
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 pro rata
Hours: 3 days per week, working a Monday, Tuesday & Friday (22.5 hours per week), plus additional hours to work around payroll deadlines
Interested? Here’s some more information ….
Our client is looking for a highly knowledgeable Payroll professional, who can work well within a small team. Looking to bring the payroll back in-house, you will be processing 2 separate payrolls for approximately 75 staff per month, utilising Sage Payroll.
- Transmit 2 x payroll on a monthly basis and check output for accuracy – one for Head Office employees and the other for all ‘0 Hour’ employees
- Add new starters/process leavers
- Ensuring that all statutory deductions are made in an accurate and on timely manner
- Calculate any statutory payments, such as SMP and SSP, making any required inputs to the payroll system
- Produce payslips and distribute
- All HMRC submissions deadlines are met
- Uploading pension information.
- Complete pension administration, checking the monthly data collection for accuracy and processing any retirement or other requests
- Handle all payroll queries promptly and update HR Manager accordingly
- Submit year end returns for PAYE and produce P60’s
- Support managers in reconciling weekly timesheets
- Cross reference agency invoices and approve for payment and manage queries
- Monitor pay rates and uplifts ie London Living Wage etc
- Manage annual leave and sickness each week and liaise with HR
- Support managers in obtaining agency cover and seeking approval
- Liaise with managers to obtain agency profiles and inductions
- Run payroll and deal with any queries
- Approve overtime and toil etc with care directors
- Manage zero hour accrual holiday pay
- Manage company pension changes
- Set up internal Bank Staff agency to reduce agency fees
- Negotiate with agencies regarding introductory fees
- Find new agencies and build new relationships to increase their pool of temporary staff
- Ad hoc duties for HR and Accounts
What will your working week be like?
This role is ideally suited to a candidate who has a strong work ethic and is willing to fully involve themselves within the role. You will possess the following skills and attributes;
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own workload on a daily basis
- IT literate, with the ability to learn new systems and set up processes
- Completing tasks accurately and within set timescales
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle sensitive matters
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional telephone manner
- High standard of written and verbal English
- The ability to work on your own initiative and deal with people at all levels
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.