Our Latest Vacancies
Finance Operations Manager
A rare opportunity has arisen, for a Finance Operations Manager to perform as an integral part of the Finance team within a successful College group based predominantly at their Redhill site.
The purpose of this role is to assist with the implementation of cross-College financial strategies, delivering on finance related projects and overseeing all transactional finance-related activity. This role will also have responsibility for managing a team of 4.
You will also review and approve all transactional finance activity, including: accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking and ensure ‘month-end’ deadlines are met and accounts are reconciled in a timely manner. In addition to this you will review operational finance and payroll processes, making recommendations for control and efficiency improvements.
Salary: £38,967 - £42,580 (Subject to qualifications, skills and experience)
Location: Redhill with some travel to the South Croydon site
Benefits: Staff pension scheme, life assurance, free parking and access to their fully equipped gym along with discounted in-house Spa and Salon treatments.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.00pm
The successful candidate must:
- Qualified Accountant (CCAB/CIMA), or completed AAT Level 4
- Have previous management or supervisory experience of transactional finance staff
- Have previous Payroll experience
- Have excellent IT knowledge, particularly in Microsoft Excel
- Maths & English GCSE / Level 2 equivalent
What will your working week involve?
- Management of the operational finance team to include management and development of staff
- Review and approve all transactional finance activity, including: accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking. Ensure ‘month-end’ deadlines are met and accounts are reconciled in a timely manner
- Overseeing the College Group’s payroll activity, including payroll & pension reconciliations, and acting as a point of escalation for queries.
- Routine and ad-hoc reporting, including: Debtors & Creditors, Departmental KPIs and Annual Pension Returns
- Raising awareness of the Group’s financial regulations and procedures, ensuring compliance by all staff
- Driving the integration of operational finance processes and procedures across both Colleges, and understanding of & adherence to the College Group’s financial regulations
- Reviewing operational finance processes, making recommendations for control and efficiency improvements.
- Lead on any operational process improvements, and act as a key point of contact for any financial controls audits in order to ensure compliance, swiftly addressing any areas of non-compliance
Please note – successful applicants must undertake a full DBS check (criminal records check) and full five-year referencing is required.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.