Our Latest Vacancies
Technical Sales Engineer
Our client is one of the oldest and most respected Height Safety Specialist companies in the UK. Established over 30 years ago, they have developed a number of products and solutions that have led the industry to greater safety achievements across almost all business sectors, from construction, automotive, education, retail, aerospace, commercial. Food & Beverage, education through to the entertainment industry.
They pride themselves in providing world-class, fall protection and safe access solutions
with best in-class service delivery.
Due to a sustained period of growth and recent modernization within the business, they’re now looking for
sales professionals to join the team.
We’re interested in speaking with driven and enthusiastic people from a technical sales background. Full product training will be provided so, although helpful, fall protection industry knowledge isn’t essential.
Role: Technical Sales Engineer
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience. OTE £53,250
Benefits: Car allowance with paid business mileage, 25 days holiday plus statutory with 3 days allocated for Christmas shutdown, paid sick leave (in accordance with policy), pension scheme, life insurance scheme, hybrid work, full product training, development opportunities including management training program, social events, KEE giving charity opportunities.
About the role:
- The role will require site visits, surveys, and face-to-face customer meetings, alongside office-based sales work & regular training.
- Offering a hybrid working option for the right candidate with a home office setup provided.
- Clear emphasis on the development of fall protection solutions to significantly increase direct sales growth on all our fall protection products and services.
- Responsibility for sales forecasting and plan execution are also key aspects of this role, as is the development of detailed plans to support the development of fall protection solutions sales and key relationships.
- To generate your own sales from quoting and following up opportunities from assigned leads and our live project pipeline as well as prospecting for new business in assigned sectors & specific end users. You will be required to strategically target relevant industrial sectors as well as adopting company specific techniques to target potential new, existing and dormant customers.
- To become a key player within the business and work closely with the General Manager and Team, making a direct contribution to their clients strategic development in terms of products and services.
Your Role will focus on 4 key areas:
- Fall protection products and services sales growth
- End user sales growth
- Building repeat customer relationships
- Maintaining and growing profit margins
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of Personal Sales target.
- Reporting of daily sales and quotations.
- Active ownership of key accounts and contracts across the Group with a focus on new business generation.
- Generate enquiries from sales calls and fully utilizing lead generation systems.
- Produce quotations from customer’s enquiries based on relevant design standards.
- Follow up your quotations and record feedback on the project tracking data base.
- Attend monthly review meeting to analyze results and feedback to improve future performance and conversion rates etc.
- Attend site if required to survey for quotations.
- The development of major new accounts, major contractors, installers and end users.
- All other tasks within the Sales Development area as requested by the General Manager.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to interpret technical information and drawings
- Solutions selling experience desirable
- A practical and growth mindset
- Exposure to construction industry desirable
- Full drivers license
- Team player but confident to work alone
- Willingness to travel
For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.