Our Latest Vacancies
Travel Claims - Hybrid
Due to continued business growth, our client is looking to expand their Travel Claims Team, to support business customers with their travel insurance queries as a Travel Claims Handler. You will be a professional and confident individual who can respond pro-actively to answer daily queries relating to customer policies. This role is working on a semi-shift rota from Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week. Based at their Head Office in central Croydon, with an option to work on a hybrid basis.
Salary: Offering a basic salary of £24,091.40 plus performance bonus of £1500 (per annum) along with benefits for all employees including private medical cover, Life assurance, Pension, discounted travel insurance and Eye Care vouchers.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, semi-shift basis from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Start Date: 3rd April 2023
Positions available: x 1
What will your working week be like?
You will respond to and assess Travel claims pro-actively and in line with the principles of treating customers fairly. You will communicate professionally with customers and third parties; actively contributing to continual improvement of department. Effectively manage and communicate claims outcomes clearly to customers referring to appropriate policy terms & conditions.
- Handle first notification of loss (FNOL) calls, enter all relevant claims information and dispatch claims forms as appropriate
- Manage & respond to department email enquiries
- Communicate with customers and third parties by telephone/email/letter in a clear, concise and professional way
- Assess new claims (Travel/Missed Event/Collision Damage Waiver excess) in accordance with policy terms and conditions, within specified service levels and in line with departmental procedures
- Handle any necessary administrative duties relating to claims, e.g. completion of worksheets
- Identify and initiate potential recoveries from 3rd parties
- Ensure that all relevant data is collated and entered onto the system in a timely manner, with a focus on accurate data entry and regular data cleansing
- Handle customer escalations in a positive way and refer any unresolved quality issues to your line manager
Are you suitable for this role?
You will ideally hold similar experience within a general insurance claims environment, although full training will be given; handling customer calls and responding to first notification of claims. You will have an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively and empathise well when handling vulnerable situations.
- Experience working in a customer focussed environment, contact centre experience would be ideal
- Experience of handling customer queries and providing accurate responses
- Knowledge of the travel industry or travel insurance would be advantageous
This really is a fantastic opportunity to work for a Global business, working in a busy and fast paced, team environment, where you will be offered extensive training, fantastic benefits and long-term career progression.
For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.