Our Latest Vacancies
Finance Officer - TEMP
We have an urgent requirement for an experienced Finance Officer to work for a local charitable housing association on a temporary basis. They are looking for cover for approximately 3 months and need someone onboard as soon as possible, so you must be available to start work immediately.
Salary: £14.50 - £15.45 per hour (DOE)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00
You will be working in a small finance team, supporting the Management Accountant by ensuring timely accurate processing of rent ledger, purchase ledger and sales ledger postings.
Your weekly responsibilities will include:
- Finance In-box - manage finance emails.
- Manage the outsourced purchase ledger invoice processing until process is managed in-house.
- Process purchase ledger invoices.
- Set up new supplier on Pyramid.
- Download invoices from supplier’s portal and them to system.
- Reconcile supplier statement of accounts and request missing invoices.
- Manage utilities, council tax and tv licences.
- Check all invoices are correctly coded and authorised appropriately.
- Maintain all supplier accounts and follow up queries.
- Process supplier payment run.
- Ensure supplier remittance advice is timely and filed appropriately Resolving supplier queries.
- Resolution of queries on the Aged Creditor reports, timely reconciliation and closedown of the Purchase Ledger monthly.
- Sales Ledger invoice processing.
- Credit Control.
- Resolution of queries on the Aged Debtor reports, timely reconciliation and closedown of the Sales Ledger monthly.
- Process rent receipts including the monthly direct debit collection.
- Process ePDQ rent receipts.
- Maintenance of tenant rent accounts.
- Reconciliation of tenant rent accounts
- Arrears reporting.
- Resolution of queries on the Rent Control report, timely reconciliation and closedown of the Rent Ledger monthly.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Must be computer literate including Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of management accounting principles.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.