Our Latest Vacancies
Payroll Officer - Part-time
Are you an experienced Payroll Officer looking for a part-time position?
If so, then this is a fantastic and rare opening to join one of the UK’s leading co-educational schools based in Caterham. They are a highly successful, ambitious and caring school that is committed to providing an inspiring education that prepares pupils for life.
The Payroll Officer will work closely with the HR department and Finance Officer to provide an end of end payroll service for approximately 350 employees. The role involves a high level of administration and relies on accuracy in relation to inputting data onto the payroll system.
Salary: £12,240 pa (FTE £30,600)
Hours: 15 hours per week over two days, 52 weeks.
Benefits: 5 weeks paid annual leave + bank holidays (pro rata), Counselling and Legal Advice Service, Pension Scheme, Subsidised Sports Centre Membership, Cycle Scheme
Other: Enhanced DBS checks will be required
What will your working week be like?
The role requires an experienced and highly efficient Payroll Officer to provide a complete payroll service. The candidate will have responsibility for all payroll operations including processing starters, leavers, changes, pension, other deductions, PAYE and National Insurance.
Candidates must have experience of running a payroll and detailed knowledge of pensions. They must be able to work accurately and to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Preparing monthly payroll from information provided by HR, preparing calculations for and processing starters, leavers, salary amendments and parental leave
- Producing variance reports and internal payroll reports for review and authorisation
- Uploading payslips
- Analysing non-routine payroll related queries promptly and in a professional manner
- Responding to the identification of any pay discrepancies
- Ensuring compliance with auto enrolment, issuing pension letters and managing pension changes on the system
- Preparing and submitting monthly and annual returns for income tax/national insurance and pensions
- Managing the year end process, providing P60s, P11Ds and assisting the HR team with the production of annual salary review letters
Do you have the key skills & attributes to be considered?
- Experience of end to end payroll processing
- A high degree of numeracy and high standard of written and verbal communication
- Advanced IT skills and the ability to confidently manipulate data in excel
- Ability to maintain best practice and improve the systems
- A self-motivated team player
- Organised with a methodical approach to work and attention to detail
- Calm and effective under pressure
- Good understanding of employee confidentiality and data protection with the appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Previous experience of working in a school is desirable however not essential
- GCSE English and Mathematics
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.