Our Latest Vacancies
You will play a vital part in the business, working with the Underwriting Manager to develop and maintain scheme products and audit our underwriting authority. You will also provide technical advice and support to our customer facing teams, thereby enabling growth of new business, client retention and high-quality customer service that we strive to maintain across the company.
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 (Depending on experience)
Location: South Croydon
Hours: 9am – 5pm (Could be flexible) Monday to Friday.
- This is a varied role that will involve working with insurers as well as keeping in regular contact with all areas of the business.
- Developing our Delegated Authority business.
- Handling internal referrals and playing an active role in quoting, rebroking, renewals and MTA processes.
- Underwriting risks within underwriting authority. Assessing documents received from insurers.
- Assisting other teams with bordereaux queries.
- Providing technical advice to customer-facing teams.
- Carrying out regular audits of brokers and other procedures.
- Presenting data and reports to the Underwriting Manager as required.
- Ensuring compliance laws & regulations are met.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of underwriting experience (Broking experience will be considered).
- Cert CII and progressing towards DIP CII or ACII.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of commercial/charity insurance with a focus on liability insurance, property and business interruption, commercial package, financial lines (D&O and PI), cyber, terrorism and legal expenses cover.
- We are looking for someone positive, reliable, and honourable.
- Strong team member.
- Dependable & dedicated.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and decisive.
- Willing to embrace and support strategies.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience using bespoke IT systems for quotation, renewals, and customer data.
Benefits on offer
- Pension scheme.
- 22 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Regular training and CPD sessions.
- Mentoring and support.
- Perkbox membership.
- Volunteering days.
- Opportunity to participate in charity fundraising and social events.
- Our genuine desire to see our staff succeed and grow.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.