Our Latest Vacancies
We have a fantastic opportunity for a conscientious and positive Commercial Account Handler to work for an independent, family run, and market leading Commercial Insurance Brokerage based in Redhill. You will be given your own book of business to look after and nurture.
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000 + uncapped commission & bonus
Hours: 08:30 – 17:00, Monday to Friday
Benefits: 26 days plus bank holidays, Industry qualification funding and training support, Pension/Life Assurance/Hybrid Working
You will be given the autonomy to develop and grow not just your client base but also your own skill set and knowledge bank. Ideally you will have a solid working knowledge of general commercial insurances, but hopefully a bias towards contractors and construction. You will be joining an existing team of friendly professionals that really do get on and care about the company they work for. The commercial team have some ambitious growth plans over the coming years so not only is this a great time to join but there will be plenty of opportunity for development for the right individuals.
Interested? Here’s more …
The role is suited to a strong team player who is a confident and capable communicator at all levels. You will be dealing with your own book of commercial clients from administration and mid-term adjustments to renewals. Additional admin support is also provided within the team. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Achieve individual sales KPI targets set by the company, whilst managing customer and team expectations.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with underwriters.
- Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
- Question existing customers effectively to ensure renewal premium is based on correct information.
- Identify further selling opportunities (including up selling) and be able to close renewals effectively.
- Overcome objections to maximise sales opportunities.
- Explain the features and benefits of policies to clients.
- Deliver customer service in line with ‘best practice’ and ensure compliance to relevant policies.
- To provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements and working to exceed these wherever possible.
- Accurately process new business and renewal documentation and send to clients in an effective and timely manner.
Skills & Attributes required:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a commercial insurance broker.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and good attention to detail.
- Team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven desire to update knowledge and skill set when required.
- Written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly.
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills.
- A strong work ethic and a professional approach to all aspects of business internally and externally.
- Cert CII qualified or working towards.
- Acturis knowledge beneficial.
Skills: Customer Service, Call Centre, Sales, Insurance, Motor, Upselling, New business, insurance, financial services, broker, brokerage, customer accounts, account handler
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.