Since emerging from lockdown workers up and down the country are starting to gear up for the annual Christmas party. Understandably some will be...
Our Latest Vacancies
We are currently recruiting for a Traders Assistant to work for a global organisation specialising in the import of timber. Employees are considered the success of the company and will be given the chance to be involved in a niche industry.
With offices based close to South Croydon, this is a suitable role for a hard working individual who wishes to work with in a varied and interesting role, who already holds experience of shipping, logistics and international currencies.
Benefits: 20 days holiday, (increase by 1 day a year after 3 years to max 25 days), statutory pension scheme, discretionary annual bonus, local parking
Hours: 08:30 – 17:30
What will your working week be like?
The purpose of the role of Traders Assistant is to support the Trade Broker and MD in selling their product from sources in Africa, North America, South America, Europe and the Far East to customers worldwide. As a support function your duties will include:
- Handling telephone and email enquiries, offers, queries, shipping intentions, freight files, complaints, issuing contracts and managing traders’ correspondence.
- Handling private and confidential correspondence for MD, manage information appropriately, advise of current issues on a regular basis.
- Day to day contact with regular customers/suppliers, developing relationships and demonstrating a high degree of professionalism. Developing knowledge of customers’ businesses and suppliers’ capabilities.
- Developing basic knowledge of timber and timber products with both internal and external training.
- Researching, collecting, checking, filing and maintenance of EUTR (EU Timber Regulations) documentation to ensure compliance. Ensure Chain of Custody certificates on file and up to date.
- Monitoring progress and checking documentation for CITES, Import Permits, L/C and Deposit contracts and buyer declarations.
- Organising UK/worldwide travel itineraries, sourcing quotations for travel, obtaining visas, booking accommodation, car hire, parking, etc.
- Producing documents/reports, ensuring traders fully prepared for meetings with clients/suppliers.
- Maintaining shipping files, monitoring progress of contracts by liaising with shippers on a regular basis and updating buyers. Liaise with administration department regarding procedures, completion of contracts, back orders and ensuring accurate records.
- Negotiate freight rates as required, maintain freight rate files and provide analysis as required.
- Maintaining claims file, calculating and negotiating claims, follow up on settlements, issue requests for debit/credit notes.
- Researching prospective buyers, suppliers and emerging markets.
- Maintain diaries.
Who will suit this role?
The successful candidate will hold experience of working within a similar role and will certainly have the hands-on knowledge within this sector – trading environment. Oppoerating with multi-currency is a must and should you speak a second language this would be beneficial to your application.
- Working in a multi-faceted role across various time zone and currencies essential
- Good communication and organisation skills are essential
- Proficient on all Microsoft packages
- Accurate with attention to detail
- Flexible, time management and highly organised
Skills: banking, finance, currency, bills of exchange, numeric, import, export, logistics posting receipts, shipment, payments, administration, freight, invoices, sales, purchase, trader, trading assistant, traders, mult-currency, French
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.