Our Latest Vacancies
HR & Office Manager
Interested? Here’s more ….
The role offers flexible working which will include working from home, from head office, and visiting the various Homes. A full UK driving license and access to a vehicle is therefore a must.
The first priority on the HR side will be to establish an efficient and effective HR department, including guiding and mentoring the HR Administrator and establishing good relationships with Home Managers across the region. Due to the regulated nature of the sector, auditing and monitoring compliance by Home Managers to the various requirements is of crucial importance.
Other key HR tasks and responsibilities include:
- Developing, monitoring and reviewing HR policies and procedures
- Advising managers on the terms and conditions of employment including existing benefit schemes and reward strategy, and sharing knowledge and best practice with them
- Supporting the recruitment and induction process
- Overseeing the administration of all employee-related paperwork (stored electronically)
- Handling highly confidential information and employee files in a secure manner
- Supporting learning and development initiatives and succession planning, including induction/probation training plans
- Overseeing staff attendance and absence monitoring
- Managing complex employee-related situations, including dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, absences, retirements and redundancy processes
- Providing detailed HR reports to the Business Operations Manager and Directors on request
- Supporting corporate communications and change management initiatives
- Preparing information for payroll (starters, leavers, sickness, holidays, pay increases etc.) and liaising with the Finance team accordingly.
The other side of the role involves all the activities normally associated with an Office Manager role, including supervising and monitoring the administrators’ workloads, as well as chairing and minuting meetings, approving purchase orders, and managing the petty cash float.
Benefits of the role:
As well as a competitive basic salary of £38,000 to £42,000, and the opportunity to shape the HR department so as to genuinely add value, this role also enjoys enhanced holiday entitlement (33 days per annum including public holidays) and the opportunity to work flexibly. The pleasant office environment includes kitchen facilities (with free refreshments provided) and a parking space will be allocated to you on a rota basis.
Is this role for you?
The successful candidate will be CIPD qualified to at least level 5; you will have extensive experience in office-based roles including at least 10 years in an HR environment, at least 5 of which at HR Manager level.
You will have experience of managing staff, including conducting appraisals, probationary reviews and other supervisory meetings, and as well as being an empathic leader you will also be a good team player. You will understand the importance of compliance with legislative requirements, including but not limited to GDPR, and know how to audit record-keeping procedures of all kinds.
Necessary experience and attributes will include:
- Honest, reliable, dedicated and impartial, you will be conscious of security and confidentiality, adaptable, calm, professional and approachable.
- Well-organised, self-disciplined and able to prioritise your workload and that of others, so as to meet deadlines, you will be happy working under pressure while maintaining a strong eye for detail.
- You will be a strong, diplomatic and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing, able to build strong working relationships both internally and externally, and have excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills including MSOffice (particularly Excel).
- Experience of working with an HR database/management information system is desirable, as is experience with staff rotas and timesheets, proof reading reports, and managing an office budget.
- Experience of working in the care sector is not compulsory but will be an advantage.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.