Our Latest Vacancies
Deputy Nursery Manager
The Deputy Manager is a qualified professional, with significant childcare experience, who works in partnership with the Nursery Manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery. In the Manager's absence the Deputy is responsible for the management of the nursery. Given the size of the nursery the Deputy Manager role is room based.
An enhanced DBS check is required.
The hours of work will be around 42 hours per week, between 7.15 am – 6.30 pm, Monday to Friday on a shift rota basis. Rotating between the early and late shift.
Holiday entitlement is 20 days per year plus Bank Holidays.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist the Nursery Manager in taking responsibility for the overall management, planning and development of the Nursery
- To create an environment which provides for the well‐being of all the children attending the nursery
- To lead and motivate staff, delegating appropriate responsibilities and duties to support continuous professional development of the whole team
- To assist the Nursery Manager with people management. To include recruitment, induction, performance reviews, disciplinary meetings, grievances and managing absence
- To assist the Nursery Manager in the efficient financial management of the nursery, ensuring that it is sustainable and a commercial success. This includes supporting budgeting, research and marketing activities.
- To be responsible for the handling of monies connected with the nursery
- To attend training courses and network meetings, taking on additional responsibilities relating to the operation of the nursery, when required
- To assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring that relevant office work and records are completed to the required deadlines
- To share joint responsibility with the Nursery Manager for ensuring compliance with Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- To ensure that the health, safety and welfare of the children are held to be paramount at all times. To include taking responsibility for dealing with any child protection issues, in liaison with the appropriate agencies
- To ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times, in line with statutory ratio requirements. To include arranging staff cover and rotas
- To ensure the active promotion and application of the equal opportunities/antibias policy throughout the nursery
- To ensure the nursery is running to its full capacity by effectively managing enquiries, conducting show‐rounds, operating a waiting list, as appropriate and advance booking children's places to the required levels
- To assume overall responsibility for the running of the nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager
- To attend out‐of‐working‐hours activities, to include training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and special events
- To be a good role model to the children and other staff members
- To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment
- To undertake any other aspects of nursery work according to need. This may include supporting other nurseries owned by the Company.
- Identify concerns around safeguarding, including knowing the signs and reporting any safeguarding concerns in the appropriate manner in line with the Company safeguarding reporting procedure.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Group does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.