Our Latest Vacancies
Senior Schemes Underwriter
A respected, growing and established niche commercial insurance company who pride themselves on their staff and the service provided to customers are looking to recruit a Senior Scheme Underwriter to join their team due to business growth.
The position of Senior Schemes Underwriter will require the successful candidate to join an existing team to assist in the management of a rapidly growing delegated authority schemes business. The successful applicant will need to have a minimum of 5 year's experience in an underwriting type role and have an awareness of all commercial classes of business.
What will your working week be like?
The successful applicant will need to be insurance qualified and have experience of working at a senior level. You will work with the team to:
- Review existing and new scheme business to ensure we continue to act within binder authority set by insurers (but also assist in working with insurers to write the right risks which fall outside of standard acceptance)
- Sign off referrals, check quotations and documentation
- Take an active role in the internal audit programme
- Provide guidance/training to staff – through daily queries and regular workshops/training sessions (Including providing assistance and guidance to the existing Assistant Schemes Underwriter)
- Be involved in the development of new and existing schemes including competitor analysis
- Assist with the existing relationship and acquisition of new key customers
Who will suit this role?
- A minimum 5 years Commercial Insurance Underwriting experience, from an Insurer, MGA or Insurance Broker
- Experience in underwriting business on a delegated authority basis is ideal but not essential
- Insurance Qualified
- Strong IT skills (Experience with OpenGI System is an advantage)
- Strong communication skills, confident to build relationships with brokers and clients
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Numerical aptitude, confident to apply rating and terms
- The ability to think outside the box and `trade’ in respect of the right risk
What do you get in return?
- Industry competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 33 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexitime System – up to 10 “flex” days per year
- Office hours are 8am to 6pm with 7 hour shifts + 1 hour for lunch between these hours (8-4 / 9-5 / 10-6) on a rota basis
- Performance review system
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.