Our Latest Vacancies
Audit and Compliance Manager
A respected, growing and established niche commercial insurance company who pride themselves on their staff and the service provided to customers are looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to join their team due to business growth.
Established over 35 years ago, my client is a specialist insurance provider, with a number of different brands under their belt, meaning that the compliance work is varied and interesting. They are currently looking for an experienced Compliance Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, to be responsible for the audit and FCA compliance function of the business.
The position of Audit & Compliance Manager will be central to the firms programme of regulatory compliance. You will use your expert knowledge to ensure that there are adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate against regulatory, reputational, legal and operational risks. They are looking for someone who has worked in Compliance within a General Insurance or Financial Services team.
What will your working week be like?
- Providing technical and compliance guidance to the firm and its staff
- Ensuring adequate and effective controls are in place to mitigate against regulatory, reputational, legal and operational risks
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and implementing effective issues and actions tracking
- Reviewing and analysing new legislation and regulation
- Undertaking a range of projects as requested by senior management
- Providing detailed compliance audit reports and making recommendations to the firm of any areas requiring attention
- Managing and monitoring the effective implementation of compliance related policies including the maintenance of all registers and logs required
- Managing a register of regulatory returns and notifications
- Providing compliance advise and support on projects
- Undertaking Training and Competence activities with staff
- Conducting client file reviews
- Identifying and recommending technical skills training where judged appropriate by you
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge and understanding of regulatory policies.
Who will suit this role?
The successful applicant will need to be insurance qualified and have experience of working in compliance within a general insurance or financial services team. The individual will need to be a self-starter and have the ability to interact at Board level.
- Minimum 5 years compliance experience
- Insurance qualified
- Demonstrable commitment to a previous employer
- Strong compliance and regulatory knowledge
- Good technical insurance knowledge
- Somebody looking to further a career in compliance and audit
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
What do you get in return?
- Industry competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 33 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexitime System – up to 10 “flex” days per year
- Office hours are 8am to 6pm with 7 hour shifts + 1 hour for lunch between these hours (8-4 / 9-5 / 10-6) on a rota basis
- Performance review system
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
and complies with all relevant UK legislation.