Our Latest Vacancies
Accountant Semi-Senior - Practice
Our client is a firm of Chartered Accountants offering accountancy and business consultancy services to owner managed and family owned businesses. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced individual to carry out day to day accounts preparation, bookkeeping and VAT returns.
Job title: Accountant Semi-Senior - Practice
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience and training requirements
Skills: Experience within a similar role, P11D, CIS, Payroll, VAT returns, bookkeeping, management accounts, audit
The successful candidate will be working autonomously and will be involved in the preparation and filing completion of accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders. You will deal with all statutory account’s preparation, assisting with audits, the preparation of management accounts, VAT returns & bookkeeping. You will also take ownership of assisting with P11D preparation.
- Plan, carry out and assist with the preparation and completion of accounts/audits at client’s premises or at our offices for director or managerial review.
- Amendment and updating of file following director or manager review
- Completion of periodic and statutory accounts
- Completion of accounts/audit preparation programmes
- Bookkeeping and/or VAT return work when required
- Completion of money laundering documentation
- Ensure correct disclosures in accordance with Companies Acts
- Ensure work is carried out promptly and efficiently within budgets and deadlines
- Prepare Financial Reporting Review and Benchmarking reports
- Identify possible improvements to client systems
- Prioritise work – and identify work shortfall or overload periods and advise the Director/Manager at earliest opportunity
- Contact at appropriate level with clients and their staff
- Assisting the Director/Manager in the planning and completion of accounts and audit work
- Identify opportunities to sell other products or services – to be discussed with the client director and not the client
- Identify situations where new systems can be created to simplify and facilitate working practices.
- Ad hoc assignments assisting directors/managers with consultancy and other work as required.
- General administration work as and when required.
- Prepare business tax computations (corporate and non-corporate)
- Identify disallowable expenditure
- Prepare P11D’s
- Assist/prepare draft personal tax computations
The ideal candidate will have current (minimum 2 years) experience of working within a practice environment and hold strong qualifications to support your experience. You will have advanced knowledge of Account preparation, Audit, Management Accounts, VAT, CIS, Payroll (in particular) and Bookkeeping. You will be able to work to trial balance and beyond.
The ideal Senior will be studying towards or be AAT qualified or and possibly ACA or ACCA part qualified with a solid background in accounts preparation gained across a range of business entities.
Keywords; accountant, audits, management accounts, VAT, bookkeeping, P11D’s, account preperation
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.