Our Latest Vacancies
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 plus bonus & excellent benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Working for one of the World’s largest Insurance providers, your role will be to manage, maintain and centralise the planning, test case production and execution of UAT creating a consistent and standardised approach to test planning, test case creation and execution of testing.
What will your working week be like?
You will be responsible for estimation and planning efforts around testing, documentation, communication, reporting and process design. Test planning, supported by clear test plans and milestones to ensure seamless execution, deployment and overall system readiness.
- Create and maintain test plans for multiple complex applications
- Play an active role in the prioritisation, management and delivery of regression testing, business change requests, defect remediation and new project requests
- Review requirements/solutions and prepare test cases to check for the correct response when entering correct and incorrect information
- Create and execute test scripts to cover functional testing, user acceptance testing and regression testing
- Ensure full coverage of the requirements to be tested as well as preparing repeatable tests to ensure the solution continues to perform as expected end to end
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and test the software repeatedly in search for bugs and errors
- Document what has been tested and capture the results obtained
- Develop sign off methodology which links test results to test plans and initial business requirements
- Produce project health check reporting and analysis on UAT test cases vs identified bugs and issues
- Conduct post live test cycles in production environment to support full business sign off
- Actively participate in business requirement review sessions, daily stand ups, sprint planning session, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives release planning as necessary
- Handover the specification and test findings to the Business so user guides can be produced
Who will this role suit?
The ideal candidate will have experience of performing User Acceptance Testing across multiple applications and be familiar with different types of internet browsers. You will be a confident communicator, both verbally and in writing along with excellent problem-solving skills. You will need the following skills and attributes:
- Educated to the equivalent of A level standard or above including Maths and English
- Experience in working in a web application environment
- Fundamentals of HTML
- Notions of web page usability and accessibility
- The ability to effectively communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills and Excel based report writing
- Proactive, quick thinking, flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Responsible and confident approach to work duties
- Educated to the equivalent of Degree level
- Completion of a UAT specific training course
- Experience and knowledge of working with Agile and Scrum / Kanban methodologies
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.