Our Latest Vacancies
Payroll Officer – 6 month contract
Salary: £23,628 pro rata
Location: London, SE1
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Start: ASAP – 6 month contract
Are you an experienced Payroll Officer?
Do you have experience working within the Education Sector?
Have you got working knowledge of iTrent?
If so, then this could be a great opportunity for you - working for one of the fastest-growing and extremely successful organisations within the education industry – this is a great interim position to enable you to utilise your Payroll skills within this sector.
What will your working week be like?
Payroll service for centrally employed staff
- Process an accurate and timely payment of salaries to all employees.
- Be responsible for the collection and input of all payroll data for central staff including new starters/leavers, overtime and expenses in order to complete the monthly Central staff payroll submission ready to be checked.
- Ensure that payslips and any other payroll documents are sent out.
- Assist with year-end procedures, including preparation and distribution of P35s, P60s & P11Ds.
Payroll helpdesk & administration – All Staff across all sites
- Keep abreast of all developments and legislation surrounding payroll, pensions and benefits – ensuring all legislation is adhered to throughout the business.
- Be the main point of contact for all payroll queries via email and telephone.
- Escalating issues to the Deputy Payroll Manager
- Retain copies of all relevant payroll documentation in line with HMRC requirements.
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to HR colleagues, staff & Directors on payroll & pension-related issues and queries.
- Assist with delivering pension guidance training to new and existing sites and assist the National team with creation of said training packages as and when necessary.
- Support National team with the monthly opt out audit process.
- Be the first point of contact for staff with any queries about their pension.
- Be the first line of contact for any queries from pension funds.
Who will suit this role?
- You will already hold solid Payroll experience, ideally within the education sector, along with working knowledge of iTrent
- IT literate with good Excel skills
- Methodical and accurate with good attention to detail
- Have good investigative and analysis skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills with confidence to liaise with staff at a senior level
- Excellent organisational skills, with proven ability to take initiative and prioritise workload
- Knowledge of Teachers and Support staff pay terms and conditions would be a distinct advantage
***For your information***
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
YourRecruit (UK) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.