Our Latest Vacancies
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Hours: 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility required for event attendance
About the Company
A global leader for the sport business: digital, mobile, social, broadcast, results, content and professional services.
This company enables sport federations, event organisers, broadcasters, brands, teams and athletes to elevate their sports, accelerating performance and connecting to fans.
Working with well-known clients such UEFA, England Rugby and the BBC and whether it be through a tablet or App, live broadcast, commentary or social media campaigns this company bring your favourite sport to life!
If you have a passion for PR and Sport keep reading!
What will your working week be like?
This fantastic and incredibly interesting company are looking for an experienced PR Manager to join them and bring fresh, new and exciting ideas! Coming from an agency background you will be looking to take your experience in house and focus on growing awareness of this unique brand.
Taking responsibility for all PR initiatives and working alongside the Brand and Communications team you will have a strong interest and ideally working knowledge of the sporting industry. You will be part of some of the biggest sporting events around the world and be passionate about the brand!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering the media relations strategy on a daily basis, including the creation and distribution of press releases.
- Acting as primary liaison between journalists and the company, fielding initial enquiries, and briefing the executive team before interview opportunities.
- Establishing and raising the profile of an internal network of thought leaders within the business.
- Managing relations with industry groups and associations.
- Seeking ‘issue jump’ opportunities based on trends in the sport and entertainment broadcast sector and placing relevant thought leaders for comment where appropriate.
- Managing incoming media enquiries, drafting responses and gaining appropriate sign-off with relevant stakeholders.
- Producing relevant reporting for senior stakeholders across the business.
- Managing a comprehensive industry and business awards calendar, drafting all applications and attending relevant events.
- Offering ad-hoc writing support to the Brand and Communications team.
Who will suit this role?
- At least five years’ experience in PR and communications with demonstrable media pitching success in B2B.
- Strong ability to ‘find a story” and experience generating headlines for a business that is restricted in what it can and can’t say.
- Experience producing primary research as a means to generate PR would be extremely advantageous.
- Strong English writing skills a must.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Event management and campaign planning experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with stakeholders at all levels, including C-Suite.
- Interest in sport and entertainment broadcast industry required. Experience working for sport and entertainment broadcast clients preferable.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: PR, PR Manager, Public Relations, Press Release, Sports, Events, Brand, Communications, Writing, Press, Journalists, Global, B2B, Pitching, Campaigns
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.