Our Latest Vacancies
Senior Travel Claims Handler
£23,000 plus £1,000 bonus and excellent company benefits
Our client believes in engaging their employees, equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to perform and making sure everyone has the opportunity to progress within the company. You will be part of a growing team, who deliver excellence both individually and through teamwork.
Upon joining one of the largest financial companies listed, you get the benefits and security of working for one of the world’s biggest companies, along with the convenience and the spirit of the local community.
Based in central Croydon with immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses in the area, travelling to work couldn’t be easier on a daily basis.
Benefits include: Private healthcare, business incentive scheme, childcare vouchers, roadside assistance, travel insurance and much more
Hours: Semi-shift Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am – 6pm. Hours will vary on shift and will consist of the following: 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm.
The Role of Senior Travel Claims Handler
The job will require the Senior Travel Claims Handler to assess claims pro-actively and in line with the principles of treating customers fairly. You must be able to communicate professionally with customers and third parties, actively contribute to continual improvement of department, effectively manage costs and communicate claims outcomes clearly to customers, referring to appropriate policy terms & conditions.
- Handle first notification of loss (FNOL) calls, enter all relevant claims information and dispatch claims forms as appropriate
- Manage & respond to department email enquiries
- Communicate with customers and third parties by telephone/email/letter in a clear, concise and professional way
- Assess new claims (Travel/Missed Event/Collision Damage Waiver excess) in accordance with policy terms and conditions, within specified service levels and in line with departmental procedures
- Handle any necessary administrative duties relating to claims, e.g. completion of worksheets
- Ensure that all relevant data is collated and entered onto the system in a timely manner, with a focus on accurate data entry and regular data cleansing
- Identify and initiate potential recoveries from 3rd parties
- Handle customer escalations in a positive way and refer any unresolved quality issues to your line manager
- To work towards achieving 100% on all Key Performance Area targets set for the department
- To actively participate in and contribute towards individual annual appraisals, monthly team meetings and monthly one-to-one assessment sessions
The Suitable Candidate
It is essential that you are well presented in line with working within a corporate environment and have a good standard of general education including English Language and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
It would be advantageous if you had good worldwide geographical knowledge and experience of working in a travel claims environment.
It is important that you hold the following personal qualities:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to empathise when required
- Sound decision making ability encompassing diplomacy and patience when required.
- Mature and confident approach to work duties
- High attention to detail and quality focus
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work under strict timescales
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords; Insurance, finance, claims, handler, travel claims, motor claims, call handling, FNOL, customer service, administration, general insurance.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.