Our Latest Vacancies
Salary: £24,000 - £29,000 plus Employer Contributed Pension Scheme
Holiday Entitlement: 22 days plus Statutory Bank Holidays (8)
Skills: Solid secretarial experience, Strong administration skills, Attention to detail, Adaptable, A Team player willing to undertake ad hoc tasks in a small office; Professional telephone manner.
This is a varied and involved Secretarial role for someone with an excellent eye for detail and strong Secretarial and Senior Administration skills. This is a busy office dealing with intellectual property transactions, which means you will get involved with in depth administration work, client contact, processing information, maintaining and updating company records and systems and occasional ad hoc tasks. The role will involve supporting five Patent Attorneys, two Consultants and a Trademark Attorney:
- Preparing letters and raising invoices to Clients
- Maintaining and updating the firm’s database and associated systems
- Preparing letters and documents for filing with the UK Patent Office, European Patent Office and EUIPO
- Typing general correspondence
- Scanning documents to electronic filing system
- Operating the firm’s records system
- Monitoring incoming e-mails
- Organising workflow
- Taking and transferring incoming calls
- Dealing with usual ad hoc jobs necessary in a small office environment
- Flexibility and willingness to cover other administrative roles during staff holiday or illness.
The ideal candidate will be aspired to make a career out of this given opportunity and will be given the chance to take the CIPA Administrators’ qualification in order to progress skills and knowledge. Initial in-house Paralegal training will be given.
- Recent solid secretarial experience required, preferably within the legal sector
- A very strong attention to detail - there is no room for errors in this position!
- Computer literate including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, plus the ability to quickly pick up a range of systems including bespoke.
- Experience of Patents would be a great advantage although is not essential as full training will be given.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organised, Methodical, Flexible and able to work on own initiative.
The ideal candidate will need to be a career minded, dedicated person with a logical approach to work and should be willing to learn and work towards the CIPA Patent Administrator qualification.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation