Our Latest Vacancies
Salary: £25,000 + Commission
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm
About the Company
Our client is a growing and successful software solution provider in the geographic information sector. Their clients are wide across the UK and they are continually expanding. Offering the opportunity to learn about their software and business development, this client will extensively grow your career.
Now looking for a self-driven and results oriented Account Manager with a proven track record of success. A born winner, your achievements will be notable and you will live to succeed not only personally, but with the best interests of the business in mind at all times.
A highly motivated individual who is experienced in consultative sales, you’ll have a big part to play in our success. Ideally you will come from a technical sales background with a focus on providing Geospatial Software Solutions to Local Government or Public Sector Accounts.
More importantly is your ability to develop successful business relationships to senior level, gain confidence and trust and formulate solutions to meet the ongoing business needs of individual clients.
What will your working week be like?
- Take accountability for the overall revenue growth, customer satisfaction, and business performance within a portfolio of assigned customer accounts
- You will achieve set objectives and goals by managing an account portfolio, building on existing relationships with key decision makers, whilst demonstrating a passionate and credible approach to winning new business to increase the account base and drive ongoing revenue growth
- Take accountability for account planning, including identifying and documenting clients’ organisational structure, IT initiatives, application needs and business issues
- Evaluate past performance and competitor performance within accounts and markets within your account sector to capitalise on opportunities and ensure maximum account penetration and corporate growth
- Develop and manage appropriate 3rd party relationships with potential channel partners, technology partners and resellers that support corporate strategy and growth
- Maintain a high level of personal knowledge relating to market and competitor activity and technological trends to support account strategy and planning and ensure that our company not only maintains but grows market share
- To be a local centre of expertise and product knowledge across your account base and serve as a product champion and persistent source of market intelligence for other areas of the business (e.g. product development, product marketing, pricing etc.)
- Work in collaboration with sales support to prepare proposals, quotations and tender responses for defined products and services
- Carry out prospecting both independently and in collaboration with marketing and new business teams in order to identify new opportunities in line with sales targets
- To work in collaboration with pre and post sales and other departments to ensure that orders are installed effectively and on time, whilst ensuring that the appropriate level and mix of resource is made available to win specific customer opportunities and optimise the company’s business
- Compile account plans and accurate sales forecast for each managed account and develop a strategy for achieving the forecast. Prepare and submit weekly reports on the above, as required by sales management
Who will suit this role?
- Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined and focused with good time‐management and multi‐tasking skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a dynamic team environment
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and showing flexibility when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experienced at influencing and managing relationships with very high-level skills in building rapport, empathy and cooperation to senior level
- High level of ability in analysing complex opportunities and establishing optimum solutions to client’s business needs
- Ability to handle complex sales and account development activity with minimal supervision
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Account Manager, Sales, IT, Software, Geospatial, Business Development, Negotiation, Presenting, Targets, KPI’s
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.