Our Latest Vacancies
Accounts Receivable Administrator
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits
Hours: 35 hour week, Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:00
Based in central Croydon and in immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses the area couldn’t be more convenient to travel to each day. You will be part of an exceptional global business and your own personal input will be significant on a daily basis.
What will your working week be like?
The objective of this role is to support a number of the business service areas with Sales Ledger, Credit Control, month end reporting, as well as, account setup, direct debit mandates, business invoicing and much much more.
- Ensure that all sales invoices are raised on a regular and timely basis
- Cash allocation.
- Maintenance of customer accounts in Agresso, ensuring SAP compliance.
- Responsible for Credit Control of all customer accounts. Sending out statements and chasing by telephone, email or letter to ensure we are receiving payment within our credit terms and that aged debt levels remain within agreed parameters.
- Preparation and posting of monthly Sales Accruals.
- Preparation of Debtor report and bad debt provision
- Raise manual invoices
- Prepare monthly direct debit payment files
- Perform auto clearing process each month and manually match all other payments not picked up
- Create manual payment files for Audit and manually raised invoices
- Review monthly debtor report and work on collection of any outstanding debt that is not current.
- Maintain a workbook detailing actions for the month with a diary date system for follow up.
- Contact dealerships not paying by direct debit to obtain payment by cheque and pursue them for a signed mandate.
- Ensure any failed payments are posted back onto the correct sales ledger accounts.
- Work with General Ledger Accountant to identify rejected direct debits
- Liaise with dealerships where there has been a rejected direct debit to ensure the issue is resolved and payment of the account is bought up to date
- Answer incoming calls and assist with queries, copy invoices and general enquiries.
- Responsible for the set-up of any new contracts
- Prepare cheques for banking checking that they agree with the ledgers.
- Download and save bank statements for BACS and Direct debit receipts and match with remittances advices.
- Daily allocation of all Sales Ledger receipts to SAP customer accounts.
- Continuously work on unallocated receipts that have been posted to customers’ accounts and match these in SAP.
- Ensure any entries posted to Purchase Ledger suspense account are moved to Sales Ledger and allocated correctly.
- Reconcile Sales Ledger suspense account monthly
- Ensure month end Cash Posting deadline is met.
Who will suit this role?
The ideal candidate have 2 years plus direct experience working within accounts receivable or a general account position. You will have a good understanding of accounting systems and principles and experience of working within a corporate environment.
- Mathematics and English GCSE or equivalent
- High level system skills including Excel
- Ability to work with non-finance managers
- Excellent organisation and ability to maintain focus on multitude of tasks
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.