Our Latest Vacancies
Underwriter – New Business – 12 month FTC
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Hours: The role will follow New Business shift rota which includes; 5 late shifts per month (11:00am - 7:00pm) and 1 weekend in 4 (Sat 9:00am - 5:00pm, Sun 10:00am - 4:00pm) with lieu days during the following week. This role also includes working 2 Bank Holidays per year.
Are you looking to work for a well-established financial services organisation based within the Redhill area?
Do you possess the drive and determination to succeed?
The position of Leisure and Specialist Unit Underwriter plays a key role within New Business and is responsible for ensuring commercially balanced credit decisions, minimising potential future bad debt, and acts as a reference point supporting the Leisure and Specialist Teams which include internal and external customers.
What will your working week be like?
- Analyse credit applications within your personal lending authority
- Assess, analyse and recommend credit decisions to senior underwriters where Underwriting mandate dictates
- Comply with and adhere to Consumer Credit Policy
- Working closely with the Leisure and field-based teams, where required
- Provide support to New Business operations when required
- Handle telephone communications queries from Leisure & Specialist dealers and the field-based staff
- Proactively contact the Leisure and Specialist dealers, communicating Underwriting decisions
- Complete recommendations on deals exceeding the New Business Underwriting authority limits to the Retail Loan Committee
Who will suit this role?
- Knowledge of company policy and systems including Mainframe (Rumba/FIBA) and FICRES
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- A decisive and inquisitive manner
- An ability to build strong, meaningful business relationships
- Ability to work under pressure
- An ability to interpret basic accounting information is preferred but not necessary
- A professional phone manner
- Proactive team player
- Product knowledge and an interest in Motorbikes is preferred and a motorcycle license would be advantageous.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Skills: Underwriting, analysis, new business, credit, debt, decisions, lending, motor, motorbikes, dealers, retail
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.