Our Latest Vacancies
Electrical/Mechanical Engineer x 2
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience
Location: Edenbridge – Covering the South East
Skills: Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing background, Full Clean Driving License, Ability to work at height, Ability to travel in the UK with some overnight stays
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7am-4pm Friday 7am-1pm (plus the very occasional Saturday weekend work during busy times)
Benefits: Company Van and mobile, Uniform, 20 days holiday (increasing with service), Overtime
This is a rare opening to join this continually growing and thriving business within a niche industry. Our client has been manufacturing, installing and servicing clocks for clients around the world for over 100 years.
Their commissions can be seen in landmark sites worldwide and in quiet secluded corners for local people’s appreciation. They also manufacture, restore and service Dials, Bells, Carillons, Weathervanes & Coats of Arms.
What will your working week be like?
- To carrying out repair, maintenance and servicing of all types of large public clock and bell installations
- Ensure all equipment taken to site is checked prior to loading and is in a safe condition to use.
- Liaise with Operations Manager to produce work as required against specific job numbers
- Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure that next day installation work is organised in order that it can be marked and easily accessible for prompt loading.
- To undertake all work within the limits of the details of the work sheet.
- When attending site pay particular attention to the variable risks encountered on unfamiliar sites (check specific risk assessments) and also to be aware of all Health and Safety considerations.
- You will need to work at height and gain access and work via ladders/ scaffolding/Cherry Picker/ Spider etc.
- Attending site and helping to erect/dismantle scaffolding.
- Ensure the risk assessment covers all risks and notify the office in the event that an additional risk applies.
- Fill in Works Order (CO) with what was wrong with clock and how you rectified it.
- Reporting any site difficulties to the office that may affect future work: access, dirty tower, restrictive working conditions, dangers of any sort that may affect H & S, etc.
- Liaising with customers and explaining what work you have carried out, perhaps teaching them how to set the clock themselves or regulate the timekeeping.
- Ensure vehicle is clean, tidy and in a road worthy condition.
- Responsibilities are, in many cases, unpredictable and varied. On occasion tasks that are not specifically covered within this job description will need to be undertaken.
Who will this role suit?
The ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving and will be able to pass a DBS check.
- General engineering knowledge required, but full training will be given
- Flexibility is key in this post to keep all aspects and duties up to date and available at need
- Prioritising tasks, organisation and planning
- Self-motivation and the ability to act on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet fixed deadlines
- A team player able to work on own initiative, without supervision, and able to motivate others
- Good manners in dealing with varied customers.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.