More than just an unsolicited phone call, more than just a meme; we are actually a pretty efficient team. Let’s not beat around the bush,...
Our Latest Vacancies
Commercial Reporting Analyst – 9 month FTC
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Skills: Reporting, Analysis, Pricing, SQL, VBA, Commercial, Polaris, Insurance, Operations, Underwriting, Data
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
About the Company
Based in central Croydon with immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses in the area, travelling to work couldn’t be easier on a daily basis.
Our client believes in engaging their employees, equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to perform and making sure everyone has the opportunity to progress within the company. You will be part of a growing team, who deliver excellence both individually and through teamwork.
What will your working week be like?
Sales and Operational Performance Reporting/Analysis
- Provide accurate, value-added, operational and financial reporting as well as general commercial information to both internal and external customers.
- Undertake project work which will involve liaising with departments throughout the business including: Sales, Operations, Underwriting and Finance
- Perform accurate forensic analysis and reconciliation of data on an ad hoc project basis when required
- To provide scheme and product profitability reporting and to work with the Underwriting, Sales and Operation teams to investigate and identify the reasons for business performance
- Ensure that MI is valid, accurate and appropriate
- To provide data analysis for pricing of insurance and service products to support the Underwriting teams to maintain a level of overall profitability for the company
- Identifying and analysing data trends of the Service and Insurance companies
- Report preparation includes: regular MI with commentaries, quarterly Group reporting and ad hoc reports when required
- Working with the Commercial Reporting data analysts and IT team to ensure the integrity of data between financial systems and data warehouse systems
Who will suit this role?
- Educated to Degree standard with strong numerical major subjects, and good academics.
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritising skills, managing the workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across the business and to engage colleagues across the company to secure support, participation and input to achieve the required outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to interpret data and draw conclusion from data supplied
- Excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail and ability to recognise potential issues with processes and controls
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations whilst delivering a high quality of work
- Able to work well with people across different levels within the organisation
- Self-motivated and able to work successfully within a team
- Reporting system knowledge
- Good knowledge of VBA, SQL Access
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Reporting, Analysts, SQL, VBA, Commercial, Polaris, Insurance, Operations, Underwriting, Data
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.