Our Latest Vacancies
Customer Service Advisor – 6 month FTC
Salary: £22,000 pro rata
Skills: Communication skills, organised, self-motivated, customer service skills, confident telephone manner, strong geographical knowledge, IT skills, complaints, attention to detail, financial ombudsman, FCA
Shifts: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Are you looking to gain further experience within a global organisation, but don’t want to commit to a permanent position at this stage?
If you have experience with handling customer complaints – please read on!
About the company
Based in central Croydon with immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses in the area, travelling to work couldn’t be easier on a daily basis.
Our client believes in engaging their employees, equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to perform and making sure everyone has the opportunity to progress within the company. You will be part of a growing team, who deliver excellence both individually and through teamwork.
What will your working week be like?
Your main responsibility will be to respond to customer complaints in an efficient and professional way by means of investigation and review, to ensure that the outcome of any issue is fair and reflects service expectations whilst balancing operational and commercial reality against the expectations of the customer. Duties will include:
- Log all written and verbal quality issues and to provide written acknowledgement or immediate response where applicable.
- Ensure that relevant information is requested at the point of logging, and that this is monitored, to enable a complete investigation once the issue is allocated.
- Manage the investigation and resolution of issues that can be resolved within 5 days.
- Effectively analyse information to ensure accurate decisions are reached.
- Manage the timely resolution and effective management of issues.
- Accurately assess the severity of issues and decide on the most appropriate level of goodwill where relevant.
- Escalate issues, where appropriate, to the Customer Support Team Manager with recommendations of action to be taken.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, sharing information and knowledge, to facilitate best practice and effective working relationships.
- Respond to all complaints efficiently and professionally in accordance with AGA SLAs, and FSA regulation where applicable, ensuring our customers are treated fairly at all times.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records.
Who will suit this role?
- Professional appearance in-line with a corporate environment
- Good standard of general education; English and Maths A-C GCSE or equivalent
- A proven track record of delivering high standards of customer care in a similar role
- Experience of dealing with high level customer complaints
- Excellent letter writing skills, telephone manner and attention to detail
- Organised with strong administration skills
- PC literate and well versed in using MS Office packages, such as Word
- Ability to problem solve autonomously or as part of a team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Able to work under pressure in order to meet strict work timescales
The following attributes are desirable:
- A’ Levels or equivalent
- Insurance/Motor background experience
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Working knowledge of the FCA
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords: Communication skills, organised, self-motivated, excellent customer service skills, confident telephone manner, strong geographical knowledge, good IT skills, complaints, attention to detail, strong letter writing ability, financial ombudsman, FSA
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.