Our Latest Vacancies
HR Advisor – 6 month FTC
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 pro rata
Skills: HR experience, CIPD, employee relations, employment legislation, generalist HR, commercial
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Are you looking to gain further experience within a global organisation, but don’t want to commit to a permanent position at this stage?
Based in central Croydon with immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses in the area, travelling to work couldn’t be easier on a daily basis.
Our client believes in engaging their employees, equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to perform and making sure everyone has the opportunity to progress within the company. You will be part of a growing team, who deliver excellence both individually and through teamwork.
What will your working week be like?
The purpose of the role as HR Business Partner is to provide clear, accurate HR and commercial advice through the management of employee relations issues and employee development, in partnership with the appropriate Divisional Manager and/or Director:
- Employee Relations; To proactively engage in all Employee Relations issues, ensuring that fair and cost effective solutions are provided at all times to aid the achievement of objectives.
- Advising Managers on appropriate strategies for managing employee issues in connection with any departmental change, business growth and restructuring exercises.
- Develop and monitor appropriate employee relations performance indicators, standards and HR working plans.
- Manage the interpretation of employment legislation to ensure harmonious working practices.
- To provide HR support including advice and attendance at meetings with managers and employees relating to employment issues including disciplinaries and grievances as and when required and in line with Company policies and procedures.
- To provide Counselling support to employees when required.
- Sickness Absence and Occupational Health Management; To manage and monitor occupational health & sickness absence processes and activity.
- To ensure effective monitoring of sickness trends and remedial action in according with Company policies and to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management to ensure a smooth return to work of employees.
- Employee Development; To assist in the management of employee development throughout the Company.
- To work with managers to maintain ongoing training and development to ensure consistency of performance and the development of skills and knowledge to meet our business needs.
- General; To contribute to policy and procedure development, monitoring and reviewing, taking into account regulatory requirements and the latest legislation and best practice guidelines.
- Ensure all employment activities are in accordance with appropriate equal opportunities legislation.
- Wherever possible continue to develop the awareness of managers and staff in relation to equal opportunities.
- Provide activity reports to your Manager on a monthly basis.
- To deliver workshops on a range of subjects covered by Human Resources.
- To ensure systems and procedures are in place for all activity and fall within the guidelines of the relevant legislation.
- To investigate and respond to relevant issues highlighted by any employee.
- To assess and review standards and implement corrective actions where required.
- To monitor relevant expenditure and where necessary, review practices to ensure costs are controlled and that HR activity contributes to the overall profitability of the Company.
Who will suit this role?
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Senior HR experience
- Up to date with current employment legislation
- Solid foundation within a generalist HR role within a commercial environment
- Experience advising senior management
- Excellent organisational, administration and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience in Employee Relations, working within a fast moving environment
- Experience using HR systems and MS Office including Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, meticulous, able to prioritise and multitask
- Resilient, tenacious and adaptable
- Ideally CIPD Qualified
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords: HR experience, CIPD, employee relations, employment legislation, generalist HR, commercial,
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.