Our Latest Vacancies
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Skills: administration, HR, recruitment, secretarial, education, Excel, Word, accuracy, highly organised, L&D, learning and development, CIPD, reports, ATS
Hours: 8:45 – 17:00
**The successful candidate will be subject to DBS clearance**
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for this college in their new world class building.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all recruitment activity in a busy, fast-paced and regulated environment, ensuring a consistent, thorough, cost effective and timely recruitment and induction process. The post holder will also co-ordinate Collegewide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activity and provide associated reporting. In order to achieve this the post holder must work closely with staff at all levels, including the HR Team and Managers and external suppliers, enabling the College to meet its objectives.
What will your working week be like?
- Co-Ordinate all recruitment (to include volunteers) to ensure that this is effective, timely and in line with legislation. Being responsible for the full recruitment and selection cycle, advertising through to appointment
- Fully utilise the erecruiter system, producing reports on recruitment statistics, ensuring that an up to date and comprehensive record of all candidates is maintained
- Ensure that the recruitment procedures are up to date, comprehensive and that they are followed with all recruitment assignments having the appropriate paperwork prior to becoming active
- Maintain a full and up to date suite of organisation charts, job descriptions and person specifications for all roles
- Provide a weekly report, or update, on all recruitment to the HR Team and Director of HR.
- Utilise and, where appropriate, provide information to develop the Intranet and internet sites for recruitment purposes, and assist in the development of erecruitment strategies
- Adhere to the advertising budget and, with guidance, negotiate preferential rates and contracts with providers where required (PSL)
- Provide support, advice and coaching to Managers and staff on all aspects of the recruitment process
- Responsible for ensuring that all new starters have the relevant offers and that pre-employment checks are carried out in a timely manner
- Ensure first day HR inductions are carried out to a high standard by the HR Administrator and that mentors are allocated to all established staff, to include planning Management Inductions for any new Management staff
- When requested, present at all inductions, updating presentations as necessary
- Organise and attend recruitment events where appropriate
Learning & Development/Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
- Co-Ordinate and ensure that training activities/initiatives take place when scheduled
- Efficiently arrange and organise any ad hoc training events/initiatives
- Ensure that there are comprehensive manual and computerised records relating to all individual staff CPD, which satisfy legal, audit and SLA requirements
- Co-ordinate the weekly teaching & learning forums, liaising with the quality team for schedules, sending all staff communications, monitoring attendance and producing reports for Directorate
- Responsible for the training evaluation process for all CPD whether delivered in-house, by external trainers or external courses
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring all staff completion of compulsory online training packages
- Provide support, advice and updates to Managers and staff on all aspects of the CPD process
- To review, evaluate and report on the training plan and provide input into the Governors reports
- To lead the team of mentors, arrange training for them and to provide overall advice and guidance to this group
- To develop and maintain appropriate information systems and reporting in connection with all aspects of staff development
Who will suit this role?
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Educated to A Level standard
- CIPD Level 3 beneficial
- Experience of complete recruitment and selection lifecycle
- Significant Administration experience with a medium/large sized team
- Experience of working successfully in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience of using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Experience of liaising with both internal and external clients/customers
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular at least Intermediate in Excel
- Experience of using an Information System and data entry
- Working within an HR department
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: administration, HR, recruitment, secretarial, education, Excel, Word, accuracy, highly organised, L&D, learning and development, CIPD, reports, ATS.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.