Whether you are a student who’s about to graduate, or you’re someone who’s looking for new career opportunities, working with a recruiter is...
Our Latest Vacancies
Accounts Payable Administrator – TEMP
Salary: £11.00 to £12.00 per hour
Start: ASAP – up to 3 months, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Fantastic opportunity to gain experience within an award winning, global organisation, who offers fantastic career progression and believes their employees are brand ambassadors?
Based in central Croydon with immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses in the area, travelling to work couldn’t be easier on a daily basis.
What will your working week be like?
To accurately process all Commercial Supplier Invoices and Credit Notes, Company Credit Card Expenses and Manual Payment Requests in accordance with departmental procedures and timescales. To Manage the PO Workflow ensuring all Purchase Orders are correctly coded and approved and that un-invoiced orders are investigated and cleansed.
Invoice file uploads
- Ensure that all electronic payment files generated by feeder systems are checked and uploaded into the payment system.
- Prepare and process batch payment files for telephone costs etc.
- Ensure that all supplier invoices quote a valid PO number and have been approved.
- Ensure that all supplier invoices without a PO are suitably authorised and signed at the correct level.
- Ensure that all Internal Payment requests (Cheque/BACS Requisitions) are correctly authorised and processed promptly.
Purchase Order Administration
- Investigate and resolve any unapproved PO’s
- Monitor and resolve outstanding PO Items to Follow Up
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Send Remittance Advices and deal with payment queries.
- Monitor Direct Debits taken by suppliers and ensure that Invoices are obtained to match all payments taken, are valid and approved as applicable, and are processed and matched off.
- Investigate and resolve BACS returns, missing cheques etc. ensuring lost cheques are ‘stopped’ with the bank before reissuing payments.
- Administration for Company Cardholders, including new card applications, amending limits, investigating and resolving declined transactions etc.
- Prepare and process BIF for the receipt of Travel Claims ‘Recoveries’ cheques.
Who will this role suit?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate confidently with all levels of seniority
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines
- Proven experience in an Accounts Payable role, with good knowledge of general accounting procedures
- PC literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the use of complex formulas such as VLookup, Pivot Tables, BIFs etc.
- Proficient in Data entry and management
- Accounting qualification or study ongoing (e.g. AAT) – desirable
- Good standard of general education
- Mathematics GSCE or equivalent
- English Language GCSE or equivalent
***For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.