Our Latest Vacancies
Do you hold a City & Guilds level 1 or 2 in engineering or similar?
Do you have general engineering/mechanical knowledge and are looking for a new challenge?
This is a fantastic opening to join this continually growing and thriving business within a niche industry as an Engineer at their workshop based in Edenbridge. Our client has been manufacturing, installing and servicing clocks for clients around the world for over 100 years - full training and a competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum.
The Head Office is based in Edenbridge, with travel around the South East and very occasionally abroad. Their commissions can be seen in landmark sites worldwide and in quiet secluded corners for local people’s appreciation. They also manufacture, restore and service Dials, Bells, Weathervanes & Coats of Arms.
Interested? Here’s more …
Hours: Monday to Thursday only, 7am-5.30pm (plus time change weekends will require Friday and/or Saturday to complete works)
Benefits: Company Van and mobile, Uniform, 16 days+ bank holiday’s (Pro rata), Overtime
- To carrying out repair, maintenance and servicing of all types of large public clock and bell installations
- Liaise with Operations Manager to produce work as required against specific job numbers
- Liaise with Operations Manager to ensure that next day installation work is organised in order that it can be marked and easily accessible for prompt loading
- When attending site, pay particular attention to the variable risks encountered on unfamiliar sites (check specific risk assessments) and also to be aware of all Health and Safety considerations
- You will need to work at height and gain access and work via ladders/ scaffolding/Cherry Picker/ Spider etc.
- Attending site and helping to erect/dismantle scaffolding
- Ensure the risk assessment covers all risks and notify the office in the event that an additional risk applies
- Complete Works Order with completed job information and work that was carried out
- Reporting any site difficulties to the office that may affect future work: access, dirty tower, restrictive working conditions, dangers of any sort that may affect H & S, etc.
- Liaising with customers and explaining what work you have carried out, perhaps teaching them how to set the clock themselves or regulate the timekeeping.
- Ensure vehicle is clean, tidy and in a road worthy condition.
- Responsibilities are, in many cases, unpredictable and varied. On occasion tasks that are not specifically covered within this job description will need to be undertaken.
Is this role for you?
You will hold a full clean driving and be able to pass a DBS check. Due to insurance purposes, you must be aged 25 years or over.
- Must hold a City & Guilds level 1 or 2 in engineering or similar
- General engineering/mechanical knowledge required
- Experience with manual machining and basic machine maintenance
- Experience working off ladders, tower scaffolding, fixed scaffolding and cherry pickers
- Experience within fabrication & welding would be beneficial
- Flexibility is key in this post to keep all aspects and duties up to date and available at need
- Prioritising tasks, organisation and planning
- Self-motivation and the ability to act on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet fixed deadlines
- A team player able to work on own initiative, without supervision, and able to motivate others
For your information
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.