Our Latest Vacancies
Claims Handler - Travel, Hybrid
Are you an experienced Travel Claims Technician, looking for a new challenge?
Our client is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Based at their Birmingham office and with hybrid working on offer, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Claims Specialist to take the next step in their career.
You will be responsible for providing technical support to the operational teams. This will include decision making and meeting operational, financial and service requirements, open file reviews and authorisations up to £10k across the travel claims team. You will aid in ensuring that that the quality and efficiency of service delivery is developed to meet and exceed the needs of the business and customer.
Job Title: Technical Claims Specialist
Location: Birmingham – Hybrid/Office (B5 4US)
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000 plus £1500 bonus
Start: 2nd January 2024 & 5th February 2024
Hours: 35 hours per week. Shifts covering 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the quality of the examiner’s decisions. Provide feedback to leaders and examiners on claim decision accuracy and improvements.
- Engage and support Claims handlers in making the correct claims decisions and providing technical support.
- Deep understanding of insurance regulations and how these apply to claims handling
- Support the Senior Technical Claims Specialist where needed
- Ensure process slips are reviewed and approved/declined providing feedback to both the individual and Team Manager as appropriate, recording outcomes where appropriate
- Ensuring Open file reviews are undertaken against Stochastic escalations and recorded as required
- Ability to build trust with internal and external stakeholders through technical and operational claims decision making.
- Ability to bring all the parties in a claim together and achieve an outcome that satisfies all.
- Make sure the team is kept up to date with product and technical developments and information.
- Provide advice/instruction to staff, solicitors and assessors as may be required.
- Claims Assessment - Interpret policy wording and review circumstances.
Do you have the required skills & experience?
- You must have technical claims experience or a strong background in travel claims
- You must have proven experience of providing a quality customer service within a pressurised office environment
- You will have a genuine desire to provide a high level of customer service
- You must be able to effectively manage multiple cases
- You will have a high attention to detail and quality focus
- You will have a proven ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work under strict timescales/under pressure
- You must have an excellent telephone manner
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free, however, to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.