Our Latest Vacancies
Senior Claims Handler - Hybrid
Are you an experienced Insurance Claims Technician, looking for a new challenge?
Our client is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Based at their Birminghm office and with hybrid working on offer, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Claims Specialist to take the next step in their career.
You will support customers who call in for assistance regarding their policy, providing accurate information in response to their enquiry. You will respond to enquiries relating to existing claims, and update systems with all conversations and documents received. You will handle customer escalations positively, ensuring that any unresolved issues are highlighted to your manager.
Job Title: Senior Customer Claims Specialist
Location: Birmingham – Hybrid/Office (B5 4US)
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000 plus £1500 bonus
Start: 2nd January 2024
Hours: 35 hours per week. Shifts covering 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday & 9am to 5pm Saturday. You will be required to work 1 in 5 Saturdays with a day off in the week if worked.
What will your working week be like?
Working within the Travel Support team, you will be report to the Travel Support Manager. You will contribute to regular team meetings and be supported through your initial training and beyond with their buddy system. You will support managers in motivating and developing the team to consistently achieve agreed client service levels.
- Support your Manager by taking the time to plan shift based on volume and resource available. Identify any potential fall in service levels and discuss appropriate steps to resolve with the management team.
- Support the claims team with customer queries, live case management & complaint handling
- Handle first notification of loss (FNOL) calls empathetically, enter all relevant claims information accurately and agree the next course of action, whether we are requesting further information or are able to fast track the customers claim
- To proactively manage each claim ensuring that the customer receives the most appropriate service in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To monitor all aspects of the claim to ensure that all services are provided at the agreed time and that the customer is kept fully appraised of the progress.
- Assess new claims in accordance with policy terms and conditions, within specified service levels and in line with department procedures
Do you have the required skills & experience?
- You must have insurance claims experience
- You must have proven experience of providing a quality customer service within a pressurised office environment
- You will have a genuine desire to provide a high level of customer service
- You must be able to effectively manage multiple cases
- You will have a high attention to detail and quality focus
- You will have a proven ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work under strict timescales/under pressure
- You must have an excellent telephone manner
For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship)
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free, however, to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.