Our Latest Vacancies
Are you an experienced Surveyor & Estimator looking for your next opportunity?
Are you looking to work for a successful and expanding business who established within the industry?
Our client is a development specialist who combines their expertise in all aspects of construction and joinery to refurbish properties throughout the South East of England, with a special emphasis on pubs, clubs, restaurants and similar commercial environments. They are currently recruiting for a Surveyor & Estimator for their Caterham offices, who is able to travel to various sites covering the complete South East of England. Our client would like the ideal candidate to have experience within the hospitality & leisure sectors including public houses, bars, restaurants and hotels.
As a Surveyor / Estimator you will be required to travel to various sites located in the Southeast region of UK, engaging with clients directly, carrying out surveys and inspections, and involved in putting together tender packages, quotations and audit reports. You’ll also be responsible for the Planned Works and Projects approved by clients to be planned and executed to a high standard.
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am till 5pm (overtime may be required during busy periods)
Benefits: Use of a company pool vehicle including fuel card, Company mobile phone, including IT equipment as seen necessary provided, Annual discretionary bonus scheme, Automatic enrolment to company pension scheme and 28 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
Duties & Skills / Experience Required:
- Carrying out detailed site surveys of our client’s premises including audit reporting
- Experience and good knowledge of schedule of rates, including specific client portals for submitting tenders and estimates
- Tendering & estimating including quantifying labour and materials and sourcing subcontractor works
- Able to produce planned and project work programmes / schedules for client perusal
- Good understanding of H&S and implementing H&S provisions into quoted and tendered packages
- Able to manage multiple live projects / planned works including coordinating all trades involved, ordering materials and keeping clients updated
- Able to update project tender / quotations where variations and extras have occurred and keep track of project costs to ensure budgets are maintained
- Able to meet clients and their surveyors / agents on site and provide updates, including updates to managing director.
- Good working knowledge of fire regulations within the industry
- Producing final accounts and able to invoice completed works
- A good overall understanding of building regulations in both domestic and commercial settings is essential
- Part of either RICS or CIOB desirable however not essential
- Microsoft Outlook / Word / Excel is essential – AutoCAD not essential however desirable
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Full clean driving license (preferred)
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience of surveying / estimating preferred
- Industry recognised surveying qualification (preferred)
- H&S related qualifications, such as SMSTS or SSSTS (preferred)
- Within a 30-40 minute commute to their offices in Caterham
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.